Chiefs are going to wear Dallas Texans throwbacks next season

DallasSports

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/03/24/ch...iforms_in_2009/

The Chiefs “throwback” look will feature helmets with gray facemasks and a Texas-shaped decal with a gold star showing the location of the city of Dallas. Jerseys for the club’s “throwback” games will include a patch that honors the AFL’s 50th anniversary. Kansas City will don these replica uniforms when they host the Dallas Cowboys at Arrowhead Stadium and against two AFC West opponents yet to be determined (one home date and one away date).

A little odd... a team in Missouri that's going to have a logo of Texas.

It's no big deal. The only reason I pointed that out was because there was a lot of information in that thread and I thought you might want to take a look. I could care less about you starting another thread. The more the merrier.

So we have the Texans and the Chiefs with a Texans throwback.

And we have the Titans and the Jets with a Titans throwback.

I see no reason why the Ravens shouldn't wear a Browns throwback.

Well first off, the Chiefs and Jets are throwing back to completely different Texans and Titans organizations.

And secondly, the Ravens split into a new organization (whether that's liked or not), so they technically can't throwback to something they never were.

Well first off, the Chiefs and Jets are throwing back to completely different Texans and Titans organizations.

And secondly, the Ravens split into a new organization (whether that's liked or not), so they technically can't throwback to something they never were.

Buzzkill. <_<

Thirdly, the Browns were not an original AFL team anyway...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What would really be confusing as hell? How about the Ravens wearing Browns throwbacks in a home game against the Colts?

Or worse yet, the Titans wearing Oilers throwbacks at home vs. the Jets wearing Titans throwbacks? The fans in Tennessee probably would have no idea which team to root for.

CCSLC signature.png

Buzzkill 2.0

What would really be confusing as hell? How about the Ravens wearing Browns throwbacks in a home game against the Colts?

Or worse yet, the Titans wearing Oilers throwbacks at home vs. the Jets wearing Titans throwbacks? The fans in Tennessee probably would have no idea which team to root for.

Finally, someone gets it!

Dude, you just blew my mind.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

headexploding.gif

bSLCtu2.png

That will be great - many people here in KC have talked about that. Even the KC*Star newspaper had an article about it. This will be a good thing for the Chefs.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

While the union contract is resolved yearly, but I am surprised that this has not been mentioned. This issue should be settled by the deadline, but I really don' t care as I went to the prior stadiums of KC.

Union Hopes?

Jackson County officials Wednesday expressed hope that contract negotiations with labor unions will be worked out that avoid a work stoppage at several area construction projects, including the Truman Sports Complex.

Rumors spread quickly that a union worker strike is a real possibility. This could delay ongoing work at Arrowhead Stadium, forcing the Kansas City Chiefs to make arrangements to play all their games this year on the road or find another nearby facility, according to the rumors.

Where's the love for the old AAFC? 2006 was their 60th anniversary. There wasn't any hype for the Browns and 49ers. Grr

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The AAFC doesn't have the same level of lobbying hype that the AFL does.

I'm still thrown by Kansas City being in Missouri. And right across from the Kansas, KS. Which one is the one where people say "Goodbye" instead of "Hello" and Bizarro Lex Luthor is a hero?

We am doomed! Yay!

Archived