Colorado Rapids

chestnutz

So I may turn this into a little MLS redesign series, may not. Don't know yet.

I've always thought the Rapids of Colorado could have the best identity in the MLS. They redid their crest a couple years ago, and their complete identity, going with maroon and light blue. That's a great color combo in my opinion. I thought that the one they went with had potential, but missed on a few spots.

There were wayyyy too many outlines going on in their version, so I simplified that aspect a bit. I tweaked the colors a little, and added a white banner instead of the words floating in the crest. I also redid the mountain at the bottom a good bit, and made an Arsenal-esque shadow a bit more prominent (because they have some connections to the club I suppose).

That's that. First I want to say thank you to the maker of switchimageproject for his template (I made several tweaks), great work. For the home kits, I think the Rapids current one is by far the best in the MLS. I love the simple burgundy-white-burgundy combo, with none of the crazy Adidas-piping other teams have. I kept the simplicity in this design, instead of going Adidas crazy. I chose comcast as a sponsor, as they're based in Denver. I love a baby blue shirt and white shorts combination, so that's the clash.

Rapids.png

Comments!!!!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think the kits are perfect. No complaints whatsoever. I also think most of the changes to the crest are improvements--I like the simplifying of outlines and the mountains. However, I don't think the type treatment in the new crest is working as well. Whereas the type in the original may have been 'floating' in the crest, I think it fit the flow of the lines better and filled the space better. I think the banner around your text just seems a bit forced, especially the way it boxes in the 'Rapids.' I would just play with the text until you get something a little tighter that looks more natural.

All in all, very nice work.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• 2 weeks later...

very nice work, I like this logo a lot and the colors are cleaned up/fitted accordingly.

Any chance you could share the basic frame (the 3 lines) of said logo with the collors from the inside out navy-orange-white ?

with my limited paint skills even the basic form is too difficult for me, even after hours of trying.

I'm looking to put together my own logo for fantasy soccer team (based on the concacaf logo) which kinda looks like a spiral galaxy.

The kits look awesome, but IMO the white background behind the wordmark in the crest is throwing the balance of the colors off. By that I mean there is more white there than anywhere else in the crest. It doesn't look right.

I love the style, very simple and classy. The blue one isn't working for me though. I think that blue works well as an accent color, but I don't care for it as a primary color. Maybe if it was more "baby" blue as you called it. That's just my opinion though. Everything looks great!

Archived