New Baseball Glove

epper

2. I've never heard of DeMarini gloves. If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide on that glove over the usual brands? Are DiMarini gloves softball specific? Finally, is the glove color coordinated to your uniform? (I looked them up and saw some pretty cool colors)

It was probably the most comfortable one in the store in my price range. I'm not exactly terribly picky, though my size does tend to limit my choices.

No color coordination, either; this is the version I have:

0268027414031-Diablo-Slow-Pitch-Glove.jp

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. I've never heard of DeMarini gloves. If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide on that glove over the usual brands? Are DiMarini gloves softball specific? Finally, is the glove color coordinated to your uniform? (I looked them up and saw some pretty cool colors)

It was probably the most comfortable one in the store in my price range. I'm not exactly terribly picky, though my size does tend to limit my choices.

0268027414031-Diablo-Slow-Pitch-Glove.jp

Nice. Is the gray area by the first finger a protection slot or is it a grip thing?

BB52Big.jpg

Nice. Is the gray area by the first finger a protection slot or is it a grip thing?

Looks like a "grip thing" for those that like to stick their index finger through. Might double as extra finger protection.

My baseball and softball teams were always split on index finger in or out. I was always a "finger out" guy. No idea why.

Looks like The Onion is johnny on the spot concerning the matter, though.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Looks like a "grip thing" for those that like to stick their index finger through. Might double as extra finger protection.

My baseball and softball teams were always split on index finger in or out. I was always a "finger out" guy. No idea why.

Looks like The Onion is johnny on the spot concerning the matter, though.

As a catcher and then first basemen, I was "finger out" because keeping it in meant getting the hell beat out of it. Think about it, 90% of the catches you make land right in the area of your first finger. I never understood the people who were "finger in."

BB52Big.jpg

As a catcher and then first basemen, I was "finger out" because keeping it in meant getting the hell beat out of it. Think about it, 90% of the catches you make land right in the area of your first finger. I never understood the people who were "finger in."

Come to think of it, it seems like most infielders were "finger in" and outfielders "finger out." For those that switched positions (I was a second baseman but dabbled just about everywhere), I guess it was whatever position you started developing your habits at.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I've never understood the finger out concept, myself.

I've always thought that finger out added an extra level of protection to the first finger. I know when I was behind the plate, finger out would have lasted about two pitches. My guess is finger out is more prevalent in baseball than it is in softball just because a baseball is smaller and harder. All that aside, finger out has always been more comfortable for me. Plus, the big leaguers were finger out so I just followed their lead.

EDIT: a little more info.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived