Duke PG Greg Paulus to play football?

hettinger_rl

Jigga, I don't see how they would be lucky to win 3 this season. They won 3 last year, and lost some close ones. They had two QBs who not only didn't fit the system, but weren't very talented in general. This year, the have a couple inexperienced, but talented QBs who fit the system. They lost some good D-Lineman, but not really any other significant losses. I would be shocked if they don't win more than 3.

Tank, can you elaborate on your statement about RR running Michigan into the ground?

Also, I don't know if you guys realize this, but if he does go to Michigan, they are not obligated to give him playing time. If he isn't good, keep him on the bench. With just one year of eligibility, and 2 talented freshman, he would have to be amazing to get the starting job anyways. You guys act as if Michigan will have to play him regardless if he goes there.

MegatronSig2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, its an exciting, noteworthy event for a program that hasn't had many for the last couple of years. On the other hand, we have a rookie coach who already named a starting QB for next season, who is trying to build a team from a very bare cupboard, who now has to accommodate a one-and-done hometown hero who will probably have a lot of people clamoring for him to start. It's generating a lot of short-term buzz, but I wonder if its the best thing for the program in the long run.

Best reader comment on the story:

"He'll have to learn to fight the urge to step in front of rushing linebackers and flopping."

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived