ACC helmet series

OrangeBalloonCoast

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no love for UVA? i like the Maryland helmet the best. not feeling the FSU box outlines - i think you should stick with a more natural outline. i'd love to see you complete the ACC set, in addition to just adding UVA.

and, IMO, i think everyone needs to lighten up a little on this guy. be truly constructive with the criticism. instead of saying his stuff is crap, how about offer some encouragement. are you really insulted that things were sooooo pixellated and sloppy? i'd like to think the ideas are as important as the work itself. it takes guts to put yourself on here to begin with. try to think back to when you were all novices. everyone has to start somewhere. it's not like you all own this site and are losing money and sleep over someone trying to engage others with some new concepts. i bet this kid blows you all away in a couple weeks with some amazing new ideas, but it's also OK to let him give it a go when first starting out.

no love for UVA? i like the Maryland helmet the best. not feeling the FSU box outlines - i think you should stick with a more natural outline. i'd love to see you complete the ACC set, in addition to just adding UVA.

and, IMO, i think everyone needs to lighten up a little on this guy. be truly constructive with the criticism. instead of saying his stuff is crap, how about offer some encouragement. are you really insulted that things were sooooo pixellated and sloppy? i'd like to think the ideas are as important as the work itself. it takes guts to put yourself on here to begin with. try to think back to when you were all novices. everyone has to start somewhere. it's not like you all own this site and are losing money and sleep over someone trying to engage others with some new concepts. i bet this kid blows you all away in a couple weeks with some amazing new ideas, but it's also OK to let him give it a go when first starting out.

Thanks for the support. I agree that sometimes people forget that others don't have the same technical skills, and a person's work shouldn't be immediately dismissed. And it doesn't really bother me if someone says what I did was crap (okay maybe a little), because I recently took an art class where you'd present your work in front of the class and the class would then critique it. A couple times either students and/or the teacher called my artwork awful and that is much worse then what I've heard on this message board.

I plan on finishing the set, I just haven't gotten to Virginia yet.

Here are some more concepts:

Boston College- No, I didn't just take a few seconds reversing their current helmet colors. I tried different logos and color combinations (I even tried to design my own logo from scratch... and it ended up looking like a kindergartner's art project) and none of them of them were as good as this... I wouldn't expect them to wear this helmet at home, but I think it might work with the white away jersey.

3483573554_31a50e7a2f_o.png

Miami- First of all, I think they have one of those helmets that I don't think needs to be messed with, but because this is a helmet series I tried something different-- orange on one side, green on the other with a white stripe in between:

3483573610_da6d99797b_o.png

3482760187_50026b352f_o.png

North Carolina & N.C. State:

3483575990_f373ce0127_o.png

3483632548_6d7a381e1b_o.png

Here's some of my thoughts:

BC- ehh... not a bad idea, although I cant' see them wearing anything but that gold helmet.

Miami- this might not actually look half-bad on the field. It would be very different and unique.

UNC- I don't mind it, but I like what they currently wear. Maybe you could do something outside the box and use the horns from their ram logo, but that wouldn't exactly say North Carolina to me.

NC State- the logo is fine, but the N and the C need to be filled in with white, otherwise this is good.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

BC- ehh... not a bad idea, although I cant' see them wearing anything but that gold helmet.

Miami- this might not actually look half-bad on the field. It would be very different and unique.

UNC- I don't mind it, but I like what they currently wear. Maybe you could do something outside the box and use the horns from their ram logo, but that wouldn't exactly say North Carolina to me.

NC State- the logo is fine, but the N and the C need to be filled in with white, otherwise this is good.

The NC State logo was last used in 1999. The Block S with the N and C inside of it is the schoolwide logo now.

Most NC State fans want a red helmet with the white block S, but I'm partial to the current white ones.

NCState.pngBoSox.png

The NC State logo was last used in 1999. The Block S with the N and C inside of it is the schoolwide logo now.

Most NC State fans want a red helmet with the white block S, but I'm partial to the current white ones.

here are some more NC State concepts... which one of these do you think is the best?

3486548502_835a24a011_o.png

3486492070_967db5b92f_o.png

3485676299_8c3106fdf3_o.png

3486492522_b9fd47bcdf_o.png

3486492668_315246a9fc_o.png

tried to merge the old nSc logo with the current block S that they currently use:

3489464685_9e966850f0_o.png

more Carolina concepts...

another navy helmet (Carolina seems to be using navy more and more throughout their athletic program) with a white facemask:

3490280320_f0d570f6aa_o.png

different concepts with both the older and current interlocking NC:

3489464357_93d15c6099_o.png

3489464429_087d9e969a_o.png

3490280566_248ef9993d_o.png

3489464583_31e01e7d0c_o.png

and I now realize that this last one is not quite finished (clean):

3489530055_0fd4845340_o.png

any thoughts about what you like, and don't like are appreciated

yeah.. i totally agree...

ps, I am a wahoo too... where are our Cavs... hehe

a couple of UVa concepts to consider... I went with a white helmet with an orange stripe on the right side (or is it the left?...hmm) and a navy stripe on the left for each concept... which concept looks better?

3502644872_37837f9def_o.png

3502644928_db1dbe8568_o.png

3502644998_13389f4143_o.png

3501831609_26638fed88_o.png

forgot to mention... for those who don't know UVa wore a plain white helmet in the 80s and 90s (George Welch era?) with two stripes, one navy and one orange. I combined this unique look with their current helmet logo for one of the concepts, and for the other one it just seemed like the logo was going forward on the "orange" side and backwards on the "navy", so I decided on a Steelers-type look

nearing the end of my series of concepts :woot: ... but I'm kinda disappointed I haven't gotten all that much feedback lately :lonely: ... anyway here are some Wake Forest concepts to consider, and I haven't finished them yet because I'm still deciding which one to choose:

3506387332_b0d8ea7acd_o.png

3506387448_fe78361c14_o.png

3505577869_c88b76980e_o.png

3506387666_a84c12a5e7_o.png

3505578047_f3860cab5e_o.png

I've tried to make the helmets a different color than what the team's presently wear, so even though I think Wake Forest's current helmet is one better helmets in the league (along with BC, Clemson, Fla. St. & Miami) I'm going with a gold helmet for Wake.

added more black to the logo as requested... which one works best? and is it enough black or is more needed for the logo?

C&C appreciated

3508458513_4d27868491_o.png

3508458597_7a499374fb_o.png

3508458673_02e1c6cb3f_o.png

3509269072_aee446c9cb_o.png

3509269152_2daac49ace_o.png

The WF helmets all have to be a lighter gold. That looks kinda camo green. And the orange should be darker in the VT helmet.

Do you know what color gold (Pantone) it is they use for the football?... or even where it is I can find a list of official colors for the different teams?

Archived