2010 AHL All-Star Classic, Portland Maine

BostonBlazer

^That is true about the logo. Makes it look very generic and unrelated to a city that has so many great aspects you could draw inspiration from. I wish they would rework it. I do think they made a good choice of city, though.

That logo is just too darn plain, the '03 has a lot more character. A persoanl gripe Portland just hosted one, Chicago has claimed 2 Calder Cup championships why not have the Wolves host one or another team out west abit like Peoria, Lake Erie or Hamilton. I like to see someone else host it for cryin' out loud.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

That logo is just too darn plain, the '03 has a lot more character. A persoanl gripe Portland just hosted one, Chicago has claimed 2 Calder Cup championships why not have the Wolves host one or another team out west abit like Peoria, Lake Erie or Hamilton. I like to see someone else host it for cryin' out loud.

It's on the teams to make bids. Although maybe Peoria is reluctant because they did host the ECHL all star game awhile back.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Both of those All-Star logos for Portland are pretty lame. Also, I don't think any All-Star logo should feature a teams logo like that. It is Portlands game, not the Pirates.

Pirates are the host team. I don't see a problem with it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This year's was a lot better. Also, I don't thinks it's fair that Portland got it again.

8028278f51560edae0f62c790ad7397f.300.jpg

"Fair" isn't the issue. A lack of teams bidding on the game is the issue.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived