Nationals Concept

patsox

Honestly, the front doesn't look that bad. If you add a number to the other side of the chest, it would look pretty good. As for the numbers, either add the bevel effect they currently have, or use some sort of font to match the W better like said before. Also, it needs a NOB.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The Nationals have to decide on a primary color already. I'm sick of them being red red red at home and blue blue blue on the road. Other teams do it too (Red Sox fo sho) but for some reason the Nats really bother me.

Your concept is ok but it doesn't fix this situation.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The Nationals have to decide on a primary color already. I'm sick of them being red red red at home and blue blue blue on the road. Other teams do it too (Red Sox fo sho) but for some reason the Nats really bother me.

Hm, I don't know. For me, it seems like the Nationals would be the only team that should be able to get away with something like this. The colors and cap look great, but a simple W on each of the jerseys just looks a bit boring, it could work as an alt jersey but I'm not sure as a regular. Also, if you are just having a W that doesn't cross the placket, you don't need the buttons spaced out like that.

The Washington wordmark on the current away jersey is fantastic and I'd like to see that in the same color and style you used for the away jersey. If someone could just make a home Nationals wordmark that looked like that and removed the bevels from the numbers, their home/away would be perfect. Finally, this may just be me, but it seems like the outlines on the numbers are just a tad thin. Everywhere else it looks fine, but on the numbers you may want to thicken it up. Overall a nice start.

Hm, I don't know. For me, it seems like the Nationals would be the only team that should be able to get away with something like this. The colors and cap look great, but a simple W on each of the jerseys just looks a bit boring, it could work as an alt jersey but I'm not sure as a regular. Also, if you are just having a W that doesn't cross the placket, you don't need the buttons spaced out like that.

The Washington wordmark on the current away jersey is fantastic and I'd like to see that in the same color and style you used for the away jersey. If someone could just make a home Nationals wordmark that looked like that and removed the bevels from the numbers, their home/away would be perfect. Finally, this may just be me, but it seems like the outlines on the numbers are just a tad thin. Everywhere else it looks fine, but on the numbers you may want to thicken it up. Overall a nice start.

Thank you for your insightful words.

Sorry about the buttons. That's an oversight on my part, and I will fix them. If I was feeling more ambitious I would have attempted to create a "Nationals" wordmark of the same style as the "Washington" wordmark. I won't rule that out as a project in the near future, though. I will also agree that the jerseys can be perceived as boring, but I like to think of the style as minimalistic. I mean how come teams like the Reds and Yankees can get away with jerseys similar to these. Is it because they have more of a history than the fledgling Nationals? It could be, but I like to think of what I have done as giving the Nationals a new, fresh history to build upon for the future. If any team needs to do that, it is the Nationals.

Thank you for your insightful words.

Sorry about the buttons. That's an oversight on my part, and I will fix them. If I was feeling more ambitious I would have attempted to create a "Nationals" wordmark of the same style as the "Washington" wordmark. I won't rule that out as a project in the near future, though. I will also agree that the jerseys can be perceived as boring, but I like to think of the style as minimalistic. I mean how come teams like the Reds and Yankees can get away with jerseys similar to these. Is it because they have more of a history than the fledgling Nationals? It could be, but I like to think of what I have done as giving the Nationals a new, fresh history to build upon for the future. If any team needs to do that, it is the Nationals.

Then why stick them with the curly W, which has been used by mostly losing Washington teams as far back as the 60s?

Archived