Nationals Concept

patsox

It's too plain. I think you'd be much better off with a full scripted Washington and Nationals.

Yeah, having just the W there makes this set pretty boring. What is really bothering me is how the home is red-dominated while the road is navy-dominated. Sorta how the Red Sox look is, which I am not a huge fan of those either.

BTW, the edges of your template are all pixelated.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Nothing to see here folks. These uniform sets are bland. Building on BDiamond's recommendation, I'd like to see the following:

- New NOB font;

- New Sleeve patch - anything can beat out the interlocking "DC";

- Adopt different but more appropriate team colors;

- Introduce an alternate jersey or two?

Just remember, there's no rush! Take the time to plan out each design.

:peace:

Well my reason for putting the "W" all alone on the front of the jersey was mainly due to the fact that I know that the owners of the Nationals have been attempting to emphasize that logo. I think putting it all by its lonesome helps it stand out in a way. One reason for the lack of nameplates is that its already a retro-looking uniform with the old style logo on the jersey and hat and another reason is that I have always had a firm belief that players should be playing for the name (or in this instance letter/city that the letter symbolizes) on the front, not the back. Additionally, I feel that the lack of names would help motivate people in and around the Washington area to familiarize themselves with the players better. And we all know Washington is and should be pretty desperate for hardcore fans.

Brian, all of your concepts lately have just been over simplifying the teams current uniforms. I don't know if this is your way of evening out the sloppiness of your past concepts by just making them simple, thus less room for error, but it's the wrong way to go. Use some creativity, some clean creativity, and you'll do just fine. Stop churning out these ultra-plain one thing on a uniform concepts, they aren't working for you.

Well my reason for putting the "W" all alone on the front of the jersey was mainly due to the fact that I know that the owners of the Nationals have been attempting to emphasize that logo. I think putting it all by its lonesome helps it stand out in a way. One reason for the lack of nameplates is that its already a retro-looking uniform with the old style logo on the jersey and hat and another reason is that I have always had a firm belief that players should be playing for the name (or in this instance letter/city that the letter symbolizes) on the front, not the back. Additionally, I feel that the lack of names would help motivate people in and around the Washington area to familiarize themselves with the players better. And we all know Washington is and should be pretty desperate for hardcore fans.

I'm not too sure about that. I understand what you're trying to say, but I just don't think it would work out as you would hope. Maybe (and this is a very strong maybe) leaving the names off the home uniforms, but still leaving them on the away would work out better. Still though, for a team that is struggling with its identity as it is, I'd just leave the name on both the home and away.

Alright, I'm in a mellow mood, I won't totally rip on you, but these are pretty bland. They need a lot of work, and I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to know this. Sorry man, these just don't work. I think siegel's right, scratch this and try again.

Dude, that's the same blocky font they use but without the gold. Looks modern to me.

The font is ancient.

The point is it looks modern, it makes no difference when it was created.

OK, I see where you're coming from now. I'll get to changing it a little while later.

Archived