AHL to Austin, Abbotsford and Glens Falls

Brian in Boston

Since this has become the AHL silly season thread.

This weekend, the Iowa Chops learned that you cannot use your franchise as collateral on a loan.

So....the Texas Stars may have pretty much found their "full time" franchise methinks...either they will be directly promoted, or the Iowa Chops' sheet of paper will be given to them.

So is that sound I hear Kirby Schlegel speed-dialing the Frankes, or vice-versa? (Or maybe it's the sound of Kirby making sure there's at least $12.5M stuffed in his mattress.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since this has become the AHL silly season thread.

This weekend, the Iowa Chops learned that you cannot use your franchise as collateral on a loan.

So....the Texas Stars may have pretty much found their "full time" franchise methinks...either they will be directly promoted, or the Iowa Chops' sheet of paper will be given to them.

So is that sound I hear Kirby Schlegel speed-dialing the Frankes, or vice-versa? (Or maybe it's the sound of Kirby making sure there's at least $12.5M stuffed in his mattress.)

Doesn't he need to own a pizza place first?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, with this news you can pretty much say goodbye to the Chops and any hope of minor league hockey thriving in the Midwest.

I believe they're doing just fine in Chicago, Peoria, Milwaukee, Rockford, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Fort Wayne, thanks.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, with this news you can pretty much say goodbye to the Chops and any hope of minor league hockey thriving in the Midwest.

I believe they're doing just fine in Chicago, Peoria, Milwaukee, Rockford, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Fort Wayne, thanks.

No, no, the other midwest.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

No, no, the other midwest.

You mean the parts west of the Mississippi River?

I saw, I came, I left.

I think he means the parts that even rams80 derisively refers to as "flyover country."

I think he means the parts that even rams80 derisively refers to as "flyover country."

In fairness, the cities you rattled off could be described as "Great Lakes".

But really, Chops was a stupid name for anything.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

In fairness, the cities you rattled off could be described as "Great Lakes".

But really, Chops was a stupid name for anything.

Except when you can bust someone in the chops.

You know what? I'll go back to my corner now.

Archived