CS3 type convertion

33hooligan

I use CS3 and when you apply an effect to type, such as arch, it archs the type but dosen't put anchor points on the type itself for manipulation. I have seen type that has been arched and has anchor point on it. Is there a step that I am missing or is there something else I must do when applying these effects to the type to have the anchor points added directly to the type?

Your help would be appreciated.

33H

I think what you might be looking for is "Convert to Outlines," which I believe is under the "Type" menu.

It is already converted to an outline, but the anchor points are not on the visible text, they are invisible and are not in the shape of the text that has been effected, like when you convert text that is vertical or horizontal. That may be the way it is, I don't know?

Thanks

It is in fact, Object>Expand. Right now the anchor points should be on the shape of the arch, but after doing this the anchor points will be around the individual letters.

It is in fact, Object>Expand. Right now the anchor points should be on the shape of the arch, but after doing this the anchor points will be around the individual letters.

AHH..BINGO BOYZ!

I used the Expand appearance under the Object Tab and it had the effect I wanted. Thanks again.

33H

Archived