I've started a new jersey blog!

spyboy1

If you haven't been keeping up with my blog lately, I'm in the home stretch of the always popular Curious, Weird and Ugly Collection?, which will run on weekdays during the month of August.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven't been keeping up with my blog lately, I'm in the home stretch of the always popular Curious, Weird and Ugly Collection?, which will run on weekdays during the month of August.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/

Maybe you shouldn't copy so much for it from The Hockey News special "Greatest Jerseys of All Time" without giving credit to the true author, Jeff Barak. You even kept HIS ratings (and called them "our" own) as well as copying his text directly much of the time, while only slightly rewriting it other times. What a joke!

Plagiarism sucks.

spyboy1 = Jeff Barak. Per page 60 of The Hockey News Greatest Jersey of All Time:

So why is Jeff Barak the guy who gets to be the jersey critic for The Hockey News?

"I definitely have an eye for what people like and don't like," said Barak, whose online blog thirdstringgoalie - slang for 'a fan who sits in the stands wearing a jersey' - has cultivated a blossoming fan base since weaving its way onto the web in May, 2009.

We're quite lucky to have a cool guy like Jeff amongst us on the boards, IMO.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

spyboy1 = Jeff Barak. Per page 60 of The Hockey News Greatest Jersey of All Time:

So why is Jeff Barak the guy who gets to be the jersey critic for The Hockey News?

"I definitely have an eye for what people like and don't like," said Barak, whose online blog thirdstringgoalie - slang for 'a fan who sits in the stands wearing a jersey' - has cultivated a blossoming fan base since weaving its way onto the web in May, 2009.

We're quite lucky to have a cool guy like Jeff amongst us on the boards, IMO.

My bad. I missed the quote you mention and am glad to know it's the true author himself.

• 3 weeks later...

A special post today on the 9th anniversary of 9/11. Today I featured the jersey of Chief Ray Downey of the FDNY hockey team. Chief Downey was killed when the towers collapsed while he was commanding rescue operations at the World Trade Center.

Please take a moment to check it out.

http://bit.ly/FDNYht

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Dudes! Hockey season is fast approaching and training camp for the teams has begun.

In the sprit of collecting and the approaching season, I have now begun Hockey Jersey Training Camp - for you guys!

I'll be posting at least 7 training camp "drills" on what to collect, how to spot a fake, tips to get them lettered correctly, who to send them to for lettering, patch resources and how to make your own patches.

If you have any suggestions on topics about jerseys you'd like to see covered, suggest them here and I see if I can work them into Hockey Jersey Training Camp!

I'd especially be interested in where you buy your jerseys and who does your lettering for you if you have particular favorites.

:flagcanada::flagusa:

HansonsSig.jpg

• 6 months later...

It's our first ever interview on the blog today, as we talk to John Maher of the Minnesota Wild about the creation process of the Wild's green third jersey.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2011/03/creation-of-minnesota-wilds-third.html

HansonsSig.jpg

TSG: What I wanted to focus on today was the Wild's current alternate third jersey. Going back to the year 2007, the Wild needed to drop one of their three jerseys with the switch to the Reebok Edge jerseys, and since you needed to keep the white jersey, what was the thinking behind dropping the green jersey rather than the red jersey?

JM: It was a pretty easy call at that time as our red jersey was by far our most popular jersey with the fans. Since we could only keep one dark jersey, that was an easy one.

Great read, though I don't get why the only option was to just drop one of the two dark jerseys and have a mismatched set. If they insisted on keeping the Red Alternate as home (very unfortunate decision) I don't see what was preventing them from making a white away to match it. As it stands the Wild have gone from one of the best, most unique identities in the league to one of the most mismatched and incongruent. Also the Red jersey really toke a hit during the changover with the loss of hem stripes and the pointless addition of a phantom shoulder yolk.

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the final four rounds of the bracket challenge to determine the winner of the best NHL jersey for 2011. Check it out and see if you agree.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2011/04/2011-third-string-goalie-jersey-bracket_06.html

HansonsSig.jpg

• 1 month later...

Today is the second anniversary of Third String Goalie!

We have two posts today, a summary of the first two years and a sale in our online store, and then our now traditional post on Steve Yzerman, who shares a birthday with Third String Goalie.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/third-string-goalies-second-anniversary.html

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/1989-team-canada-steve-yzerman-jersey.html

HansonsSig.jpg

• 4 months later...

Today is the 30th anniversary of Cooperalls!

We recall the history of and sing our praises for the pants people love to hate.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2011/10/brief-history-of-cooperalls-from-broad.html

HansonsSig.jpg

• 5 months later...

I have debuted a new mobile version of my website for use on smartphones like Android and iPhones. I'm pretty excited about all the features it offers beyond just the daily posts. It's got my twitter feed, my Facebook page, a small gallery of the worst of the worst, a video section I'll work on improving soon and our mission statement.

Check it out and let me know what you think of it!

Here's a QR code for you to scan to take you directly to it.

TSGQRCode2.png

HansonsSig.jpg

• 7 months later...

Today I tell the career story of Pavel Bure, but perhaps more importantly for jersey collectors, I feature the Russian jerseys meant to be worn during the 1998 Olympics, which never actually made it onto the ice, a tale of mystery, the mafia and murder!

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2012/11/1998-russia-national-team-pavel-bure.html

HansonsSig.jpg

• 3 months later...

The Miracle on Ice was 33 years ago today. Tomorrow Mike Eruzione is auctioning off both his blue gold medal clinching jersey and his white Miracle on Ice jersey, which is expected to set the record as the highest price ever paid for a hockey jersey, surpassing the $1.27 million for Paul Henderson's 1972 Team Canada Summit Series jersey.

Read about it here. http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2013/02/1980-united-states-olympic-team-mike.html

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived