Oakland Athletics

RaiseTheBanner

Baseball season is in full swing. Being my favorite sport to watch and play, I enjoy designing baseball uniforms. Therefor, since most of my concepts will be of MLB teams, I will just lump them all into one thread and call it a series. There are some rules I am giving myself for this:

1) MLB teams are professional, and no logo is completely horrible. Meaning most logos you will see will be modifications of existing logos. Once in a while I may have to create something new.

2) Modern teams should look modern, and "classic teams should look classic, as decided by myself.

3) Teams will have one primary home uniform, one alternate home uniform, one primary road uniform, one batting practice uniform, and the option of an alternate road uniform.

4) Any other rule I decide to make up along the way. :rolleyes:

Hopefully you will enjoy this as much as I will enjoy designing it, and that you won't get too bored along the way. I hope to finish this series by the end of 2009.

American League

West

Athletics- Logos, Scripts, Home, Road, Alternate, BP

Central

Royals- Logos, Scripts, Home, Road, Alternate, BP

East

National League

West

Central

East

-RaiseTheBanner

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

Concept #2- Oakland Athletics

Note- The Kansas City Royals concept (#1) was posted in it's own thread a couple weeks ago.

Personally, I think the A's have a solid identity. Their color scheme is unique to the MLB. I just feel that their (plain) uniforms needed a little something. I added sleeve stripes and pant stripes to all game uniforms, and eliminated black entirely. The yellow-brimmed cap is used for all uniforms, and the alternate now displays the "A's" logo on the left chest. As for the logos, I added outlines to the letters in the primary logo and added stitches behind the "A's". I have always felt that the white circle needed stitches, after all, this is baseball. Comments and/or criticism is appreciated.

OaklnadAthleticsrealLogoSheet.png

AthleticsScriptSheet.png

AlthleticsHomeUniform.png

AlthleticsRoadUniform.png

AlthleticsAlternateUniform.png

AthleticsBPUniform.png

I apoligize for the sloppiness, as I was finishing this up, I found a new template that I will be using for future concepts. Also, by the next concept, I will have a better way of presenting these. And any ideas for next teams? I should probably do someone in the NL...

BOSTON.png

The primary logo reminds me of the one I made about a week or so ago.

Ah crap, it does? I forgot to put a disclaimer that I apoligize if any logos look like another designers. I promise that I am not stealing artwork, but in my eyes, there is not much you can do with baseball designs. I think the simpler the better.

BOSTON.png

The Royals concepts are very nice - as a KC fan, I love the use of the baby blue.

I really like the "R" on the hat!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The primary logo reminds me of the one I made about a week or so ago.

Ah crap, it does? I forgot to put a disclaimer that I apoligize if any logos look like another designers. I promise that I am not stealing artwork, but in my eyes, there is not much you can do with baseball designs. I think the simpler the better.

Don't worry about it. It doesn't look that similar, just the idea of putting stitching on the baseball/circle. Nice concept BTW. Very clean and simple. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this series.

You know what would spice up the A's? Yellow-front numbers. Kind of like the Dodgers' red, the yellow would stand out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You know what would spice up the A's? Yellow-front numbers. Kind of like the Dodgers' red, the yellow would stand out.

So you're saying yellow front numbers with a green outline, or yellow front numbers, green back numbers, without an outline, like the Dodgers?

BOSTON.png

Yellow front. Green back. Pretty much have to have an outline around the yellow... otherwise it just looks like a pee stain on the white.

I'm not saying it'll work - it may suck. But it's worth a shot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have one minor comment to make on the Royals concept. Seems odd to have a blue that is not royal blue as a main feature of the unis.

The Athletics I like quite a lot to be honest. Always been a fan of the green and yellow cap. Personally I would like to see someone do something a bit more imaginative than just a recoloring of BP jerseys, but overall good job.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Meh. The yellow number didn't work as well as I thought on the white jersey. I still think it'd look good on the gray, but it kind of has to be the same on both. Do whatever you think looks best.

Archived