Flyers to sign Ray Emery

BBTV

Yeah, he was a somewhat problematic goalie here in Ottawa, but he does have great potential and tremendous athletic ability. I think the local media made a bigger deal out of Emery's personal life because, after all, it's Ottawa and currently the Senators are pretty much the only game in town so anything that involves them is automatically the city's biggest sports news. I mean, the media made him out to be some kind of locker room cancer, but with him gone last year, the Sens missed the playoffs for the first time in something like 12 years, so I think his negative influence on the team may have been blown out of proportion . Essentially I think he got a bad rap and can be a decent addition to the Philadelphia Flyers.

That being said, I do know that he likes to "party" if you catch my drift. *Cough* Cocaine *Cough-cough*... But then again alot of other hockey players also like to indulge in "partying ways" so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Just make sure he gets a decent alarm clock so he can show up to the rink on time.

I always felt bad for the guy and how things fell apart for him, but I also disliked him because I was afraid of the potential he had to keep Ottawa competitive. :P

I'd like to see him get one more chance, I read an interview with him earlier this year and it appeared as though he had matured somewhat and knew that playing professional hockey was a job, not a privilege. All the power to him if he is in fact practicing what he was preaching.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well, apparently this was from this past season in Russia, so I'm not sure if he's "practicing what he was preaching."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L40cNKatKv8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, apparently this was from this past season in Russia, so I'm not sure if he's "practicing what he was preaching."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L40cNKatKv8

Well, more along the lines with the coke addiction and "hanging with people who are not positive influences."

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

This will not end good. It will be fun to watch since it's not my team, but if I were a Flyers fan, I would not be happy today. Sean Avery must be happy someone will be taking the spotlight off of him next year.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Ugh. Apparently they're going to bring back Robert Esche from Russia too (if they can get him out of his contract.)

I'm starting to get on board with the Emery thing, but if Robert Esche is plan B, there sure as heck better be a plan C.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Biron was looking for 5 yrs, $25M (yea right!), so signing Emery for $1.5M theoretically opened up $3.5M. Trade Lupul and they have about $6M available. Make another move (Randy Jones?) and they'll have enough room for Bouwmeester...

Biron was looking for 5 yrs, $25M (yea right!), so signing Emery for $1.5M theoretically opened up $3.5M. Trade Lupul and they have about $6M available. Make another move (Randy Jones?) and they'll have enough room for Bouwmeester...

Somehow dupe Briere and we'll REALLY be talking. I'm keeping my fingers, toes, legs and balls crossed for this one.

Archived