Brockton Rox Concept

speedy

Let me start off by saying, the horrible name and lousy colors are not my fault. Aside from that, their identity package matches their lackluster colors and name. With that said, I figured why not give this team a shot?

First up, the logos. I tried to give this package a ole tyme baseball touch -- As well as being straight to the point.

roxlogos.png

The home uniform is up next. The cream uniform is the teams creation, but I love the way it looks when done right, so I kept it. I emphasized the brown over the teal for a few reasons, it goes very well with the cream and maintains that golden era look I was aiming for.

roxhome.png

Next, the road uniform. I stayed away from a script here, I think the modified Pirates font really gives it a nice throwback touch as apposed to a script "Brockton".

roxroad.png

Finally, the BP Jersey. You're probably wondering why it's teal. Simple answer, it's what the color they currently wear for batting practice, and a brown jersey just didn't "pop" enough for me. I went with the B on the chest, also because that's what they're doing presently.

roxbp.png

C&C would be greatly appreciated...

EDIT: Adding pictures for reference...

Home Jersey (with current logo)

Road Jersey

Well, I'm going to have to say I never expected to see a Brockton Rox concept on the CCSLC. But I'm glad I am!

Their current identity is absolute garbage even for an independent league team. That being said, this is a drastic improvement. The script is very nice and everything from the removal of the awkward reflective wordmark to the improved cap logo makes this concept a huge upgrade. Nice job, Andrew.

As for the uniforms, that package is a much needed improvement. Very nice job. I know these are the team's chosen colors and why they picked dark chocolate and mint green/ teal is anyone's guess. Personally, these two colors should only be together in an Andes Candies package, but that's just me. Still you make it work, and the final product is very classic looking. Another person would take the easy way out and scrap the colors- but you made it work.

While I am not thrilled with Brockton's current uniforms or for what passes for a logo, I really don't mind their nickname. Considering the area used to be home to several rock and granite quarries, the name isn't completely unfounded. As for the spelling, it comes from the obvious fact that the local MLB team is the Boston Red Sox. So you have the Sox and the Rox. Cute in a dopey way. Couple that with the fact that Brockton is home to several famous boxers- in fact that's what the local high school is nicknamed- the "Boxers" although their logo is the breed of dog- not a pugilist , and you can see there is a trend.

My only suggestion is to come up with a more definitive primary log as I'm one of those who believe a letterhead is not a suitable logo. Since the name is in fact from the history of rock quarries might I suggest a sledgehammer or pickax, or even a "rocky" baseball like something you might see from "The Flintstones".

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Looking at the pictures you attatched, what they have now is horrible. But what you did looks amazing! The home and away jerseys look great. HUGE improvement. The bp set looks great too. The only thing I don't like is the B logo on the chest. It looks ok, but it seems a little bland. Overall, this entire set is a huge improvement. Great job!

As for the uniforms, that package is a much needed improvement. Very nice job. I know these are the team's chosen colors and why they picked dark chocolate and mint green/ teal is anyone's guess. Personally, these two colors should only be together in an Andes Candies package, but that's just me. Still you make it work, and the final product is very classic looking. Another person would take the easy way out and scrap the colors- but you made it work.

While I am not thrilled with Brockton's current uniforms or for what passes for a logo, I really don't mind their nickname. Considering the area used to be home to several rock and granite quarries, the name isn't completely unfounded. As for the spelling, it comes from the obvious fact that the local MLB team is the Boston Red Sox. So you have the Sox and the Rox. Cute in a dopey way. Couple that with the fact that Brockton is home to several famous boxers- in fact that's what the local high school is nicknamed- the "Boxers" although their logo is the breed of dog- not a pugilist , and you can see there is a trend.

My only suggestion is to come up with a more definitive primary log as I'm one of those who believe a letterhead is not a suitable logo. Since the name is in fact from the history of rock quarries might I suggest a sledgehammer or pickax, or even a "rocky" baseball like something you might see from "The Flintstones".

Yeah, the name makes sense for the city, but it's still a bit too minor league-ish for me. Which makes sense considering they're an independent league team.

I've toyed around primarily with using their mascot as part of the logo, but in the end it didn't fit what I was going for -- It looked too cartoony. The sledgehammer and pickax idea aren't too bad at all and I'll give them a shot.

Archived