Gypsies fantasy baseball

undead

Ok, here's the full identity package. I named them the Greenville Gypsies. I made up the name Greenville because I wanted to see if I could incorporate a city name into the primary. I changed the wordmark to white outlined in green because it really popped that way. Using colors other that white made the team name get lost in the logo. One of the alternate logos is a reincarnation of the "come on" gypsy. I'm not done with the full body gypsy but I hope to have it done soon. I hope you enjoy the update.

gypsiesidentity3.png

Thanks for stopping by.

This has really come on since the early ones and I have to say it's growing on me. Still not sure how PC it is but when it comes down to it I doubt it's any worse than Redskins (the term I mean no comments on the team) and they haven't changed so take that for what you will.

A few suggestions I'd make, while fun and all I think the "have a go" Gypsie probably gives off the wrong signals and would probably not be adopted by a real franchise, but it is fun. I'll be honest I'd rather see a proper old school horse drawn style caravan complete with all the decoration, which I think could be done really well in your style, than the plastic motor pulled version you've got just now. Not that it's badly rendered or anything I just think it would be a more fitting logo, as it has more character than a soulless plastic box. It would reflect the history and heritage of Gypsies and may help dilute the negative stereotype of the spoiling for a fight logo.

Love the cap logos I can see those really working. If you were to move his eyes slightly in the primary, enlarge the dot on the i and put stitches on it you could make it look like he's swinging at a pitch and really tie the character to the logotype. I have to agree about the hands needing a little more definition though. The only other thing I'd say is you need to look at the arc on Greenville, it doesn't quite match the one on Gypsies, you've got more black space above the G than the E so that needs tweaked a bit.

But I love how this has progressed and it's turned out really well.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I'll be honest I'd rather see a proper old school horse drawn style caravan complete with all the decoration, which I think could be done really well in your style. It would reflect the history and heritage of Gypsies.

9erssteve, this is an excellent recommendation! This never had occurred to me. I really don't know anything about gypsies, that's probably why this seems so not PC. I've never seen a gypsy but perhaps you have living on the other side of the pond. Doing a quick google image search, I see 100's of examples of horsedrawn gypsy caravans. I think I want to take this on. That would be more fitting for this team. The caravan I currently have is meant to be more of a joke than anything else. It's a nod to the movie Snatch where the main characters go to buy a caravan from the gypsies with disasterous consequences. I'm really excited to do this and I'd like to start tonite if possible.

Thanks for all the comments so far guys, keep em coming.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I took 9erssteve's advice and created an old style gypsy caravan logo. I wanted to make it in a matching cartoon style to the gypsy man, no staight lines, unnatural curves, etc. I also wanted to give it a certain Pimp my Ride look. I wanted it to look like since the caravan was the only property the man owned, he wanted it to look the best it could. This is the thought behind the actual old time gypsy caravans.

Here it is:

oldstylegypsycaravanpatch.png

I also wanted to go a little further with the primary. I moved the man so he's slightly overlapping the wordmark. We get to see more of him because he's not hiding behind the team name. I also incorporated the caravan behind him on a hill. I've been trying to take my logos to the next level. I think I found a way to have the man and the vehicle share the logo without making it too crowded.

What do you guys think?

gypsywordmarkandcaravan.png

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Archived