My Stan Musial Tribute Site // Stan6.com

STL FANATIC

So many in St. Louis felt Stan Musial did not get his full due at the All Star Game a couple of weeks ago. I fell in that group, and it motivated me to give make my own tribute to "The Man". Whatever my original motivation, though, he's certainly deserving of any number of tributes.

The intent of my site was to have fans (media and players if I struck gold) submit memories and tributes to Musial, and I would post them. I got plenty of comments but very few submissions, so in the 10-14 days the site has been up, it hasn't exactly been a success.

Nonetheless, I'm at least happy with the design and the thought behind it, so I thought I'd share it here.

http://Stan6.com/

If anybody is interested in sharing, please do so. Also, I still need to fill in the BIO and STATS pages, so if anybody loves Stan and likes to write and is interested in putting together a short-medium length bio for the page, well, I'm not opposed to that.

Anyways, thought I'd share. Thanks.

The script for "Stanley" is a little tough to read at first glance. I think for a banner, it should be a little more plain. It looks nice though.

Also, "baseball's perfect warrior"? A little much maybe?

Off Topic:

It's amazing how much some things change over the years. When was the last time there was a star athlete named "Stan"? Please don't say Stan Javier! There's nothing wrong with the name, but thinking about Musial just made me realize that hardly anyone names their babies Stan anymore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Great looking site, nice work.

1 thing, when you go to a page, the top navigation doesn't work anymore.

I.e you go from the home to tributes you can't go to links. You have to go back home and then to links.

Edit: Just tried again, what I said earlier was not exactly true. You can but you have to click above the text.

The script for "Stanley" is a little tough to read at first glance. I think for a banner, it should be a little more plain. It looks nice though.

Off Topic:

It's amazing how much some things change over the years. When was the last time there was a star athlete named "Stan"? Please don't say Stan Javier! There's nothing wrong with the name, but thinking about Musial just made me realize that hardly anyone names their babies Stan anymore.

I wouldnt say so. I believe during the 1969 induction ceremonies (may have been somehwere else), former commissioner Ford Frick was quoted as saying ?Here stands baseball's perfect warrior. Here stands baseball's perfect knight.?

So he's not going overboard at all. He's quoting.

Very good job, STL FANATIC. Musial has always been a player i've admired and its great to see something out there today to pay tribute to him. Great work, and thanks for the site!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. We'll see what comes of it. Is anybody else having the navigation problems that Hoopskid is? I've tested it on my Mac and a PC and don't find those errors, but sometimes things are just tricky like that.

Very nice job. Have you been working on this long, or did you just do it since the AS Game?

Didn't take me very long at all. It was one swift surge of motivation after the AS break, and I had it done in a couple of days and long nights.

I wouldnt say so. I believe during the 1969 induction ceremonies (may have been somehwere else), former commissioner Ford Frick was quoted as saying ?Here stands baseball's perfect warrior. Here stands baseball's perfect knight.?

So he's not going overboard at all. He's quoting.

kh16's got it. Ford Frick made that statement, and it adorns the large (he also has a smaller one with the other Cardinals greats) Stan Musial statue outside of Busch Stadium.

Got'cha. I think Frick was being a little dramatic, but not the site if it's a verbatim quote.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Got'cha. I think Frick was being a little dramatic, but not the site if it's a verbatim quote.

I can agree with that.

I do like the "perfect knight" though. Outside of nobody being perfect, that's a pretty solid description of the talented competitor and gentlemanly human being Stan was and still is.

Archived