A Canucks concept.

The_Admiral

What I did here was root through the archives and steal a really good proposed Canucks secondary. Then I ruined it with stupid color changes and messed up the dimensions. Essentially, I ganked the Hurricanes' "flag striping" and reinterpreted it as kind of a repetitive geometric design that struck me as vaguely Pacific Northwestern. The colors are close to those of the Mighty Ducks, reinterpreted as purple mountains, blue skies, and green plant life. Using a big V on the front is a nod to the Flying V days, and using shades of blue and green is a nod to the old days. If you squint, wearing really dark purple looks like when they wore all black in the Spaghetti Skate days.

vanhome.jpg

vanroad.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, if you were looking for C&C (and bear in mind that I'm not a hockey freak), the problem that I have with this is that they are just a bit too plain. There are no numbers or patches on the sleeves, which leaves them bare. There is also something about the striping on the socks that makes it a bit weird, but that may be just me. I'm all for basic designs, but this just needs another button of flair.

I like the logo.

I like the logo, too, but I think it's about the only part of the concept I do like. The boxes have nothing at all to do with the Canucks (they actually symbolize something on the Canes' jerseys), the colours say 'come kick our asses', and all the black makes it very hard to differentiate between the different parts of the uniform due to the poorly-suited template that was used.

*Edit* Apparently it's dark purple, not black...

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived