Chicago Skyline-First Concept

The Fixer

Ok, so here is a little logo concept i drew for an imaginary team "Chicago Skyline"

Dont take this as a bid for the bears to change, just a name i thought of and i had an idea for the logo.

experimented with colors a bit, in the first logo i may have to change it a bit, the blockage makes the LI look like a B.

please critique it! first concept ive done!generic.png

• 1 month later...

I know I am late to this dance, but I could not a Chicago concept slip by me.

I have read good advice on the font issue, as for me, color and overall concept is excellent.

My suggestion relates to the fact that Chicago has four the the top ten tallest building in the United States (at this point)

Your skyline (great Cincy chilli by the way!) appears to contain only one, #1 Willis Tower.

The downside of adding #2 Trump Tower, #5 Aon Center and #6 Hancock Center to your work, is that the skyline would need to be

framed from a different perspective. Your perspective is one from near the Planetarium by Soldier Field.

Changing perspective to fit all four would (unless characterized a bit!) required depicting a longer stretch of

skyline, and require a smaller scale of the buildings as a whole within the ball shape.

Hope you didn't give up no this one!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

I know I am late to this dance, but I could not a Chicago concept slip by me.

I have read good advice on the font issue, as for me, color and overall concept is excellent.

My suggestion relates to the fact that Chicago has four the the top ten tallest building in the United States (at this point)

Your skyline (great Cincy chilli by the way!) appears to contain only one, #1 Willis Tower.

The downside of adding #2 Trump Tower, #5 Aon Center and #6 Hancock Center to your work, is that the skyline would need to be

framed from a different perspective. Your perspective is one from near the Planetarium by Soldier Field.

Changing perspective to fit all four would (unless characterized a bit!) required depicting a longer stretch of

skyline, and require a smaller scale of the buildings as a whole within the ball shape.

Hope you didn't give up no this one!

Ugh......can we never refer to it as the Willis tower on these boards? ever.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

thanks for the input and the bump :)

i may come back to this later but right now i want to work on new stuff. if i do I will for sure use more of those towers. Im not from chicago, just my family is, so i dont know a lot of those building. but go bears, blackhawks, bulls! im a cubs fan tho :)

i did do a new concept with a lot of the same elements. please check it out http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=69913&pid=1241454&st=0entry1241454

and expect many chicago comcepts from me in the future ;)

Fix,

This is a concept I tried earlier. For the WNBA Chicago Sky.

Unlike your concept, since the skyline here is in the reflection of the bean shape, I choose to go with the real buildings shapes that reflect in the real mirrored finished bean statue in Chicago.

I didn't think of included any of the four tallest buildings in Chicago.

So I suggested something to you, that I did not feel worked on mine!

Sky2.png

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Archived