Wolverines Football Concept

oneorange

Utah Valley University sits in-between BYU and The U of Utah and has been growing rapidly in recent years. It has a lot of athletic programs up and running but has yet to enter the football world. I expect that it is only a matter of time before they establish themselves in the football community. This is my initial take on what their unis should look like when the time comes.

uvuconcept.png

not bad. my first critique is that the wordmark looks really weak/generic.

the primary, which im pretty sure already exists is great, and the UV logo is brilliant!

the pants design dont really go with the helmet and jersey...but the pants design is also the weak link. so change it

... in segway, the jerseys and helmet look good. just know that the parts you shaded need to be darker, not lighter.

Wouldnt the location be in the cache valley AKA where utah state is?

Cache Valley's Utah State is actually on the opposite side of the mountain range from the three other universities.

And I agree with the comments in the first response. The Word-mark is generic and not exactly what the University uses and I need to do something else with the pants. I really like the look of the pants that I did but I agree that they don't exactly match the look of the rest of the uniform.

Maybe you could carry the pants striping up and into the jersey. The way I see it right now the side of the jerseys is very plain (nothing on the shoulders or sides at all). For example, on the home set you could use the white negative space (between the green stripes) on the pants and carry it into the side of the green jersey.

Also, try having the pants striping come to more of a point to match the helmet and the stuff under the collar. That could tie it together a bit more.

I like the first pants idea that I had going on too, but I have decided to save it and use it on my upcoming concept instead of this wolverines concept. I think it will fit the theme of the new team much better and I am going to try to continue it up into the jersey.

Archived