Hope FC

JamieRose

Okay, so I've decided to try my hand at a soccer (fútbol) concept. I started to make a logo based off of the flag of Rhode Island.

500px-Flag_of_Rhode_Island.svg.png

I took some elements such as the colors, the banner, and the stars and incorporated them into a shield. So far, I have some basics down. I'm not sure whether or not to incorporate the anchor somewhere, and I have no idea what to do with the empty space in the middle. Should I put striping? The anchor? A soccer ball?

So far, I like the basic shape of it, but I'm not at all sure about the colors, the font, or anything else really. So here it is, I'd like to get some C&C on where to take this baby.

HopeFC1.png

TDZiMMB.png

Okay, so I've decided to try my hand at a soccer (fútbol) concept. I started to make a logo based off of the flag of Rhode Island.

[center

I took some elements such as the colors, the banner, and the stars and incorporated them into a shield. So far, I have some basics down. I'm not sure whether or not to incorporate the anchor somewhere, and I have no idea what to do with the empty space in the middle. Should I put striping? The anchor? A soccer ball?

So far, I like the basic shape of it, but I'm not at all sure about the colors, the font, or anything else really. So here it is, I'd like to get some C&C on where to take this baby.

HopeFC1.png

maybe a couple of variations of a soccer ball/anchor? Definately needs the anchor in there somewhere especially since you are basing it off the flag.

i like where this is going though.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Well here's a quick update. Added the anchor, a ball, and another star (for balance).

HopeFC2.png

Perfect! The only change I might think about making is to place the ribbon underneath the crest and make the anchor and ball bigger. But thats pretty good at the moment.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Hmm.. not sure how i feel about the banner below the shield, I feel like it gives the shield some shape, it looks a bit plain now. I added a couple of yellow bars to fill some white space. They'll translate to the uniforms.

HopeFC3.png

*EDIT*

Actually, with the addition of the bars on the original, it's really growing on me..

HopeFC4.png

TDZiMMB.png

I'm really feeling your most recent update. The yellow stripes help to eliminate some of that negative space and give it a true soccer feel. I'd definitely keep the ball and anchor as you have them now, and I think the text banner is much stronger over the bottom of the crest (as it is now), as opposed to floating below it and detached from it. My only concern is the type, which could probably be improved with a more interesting typeface.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'd like to see the ribbon actually wrap around the crest, not just sitting on top of it. But the yellow stripes do look good.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Hmmm.. something like;

HopeFC7.png

i like this, i really do. I like this color scheme and the Navy and yellow-gold. I generally like the navy and vegas gold but for some reason i don't like it for this concept.

But for all intents and purposes, what you got here looks like a good professional soccer logo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived