Hot Topic new logo

BadSeed84

I came across the site and noticed that they are using a new logo

main-logo_v1_m56577569830698897.gif

This was their older "gothy" logo

hot-topic-logo_v2.jpg

and this was the first logo (is it me or does it look like they based the current logo off of the "topic" part of this one?)

1130277538_1f50ea3009.jpg

I think the new logo overall fits considering they do sell other stuff that goth crap like retro shirts and stuff. While yes it's a bit plain, I think it works, it'll be interesting to see how a store looks like.

Then again im 24, im pretty sure i'm older than hot topics demographic.

Not a bad update. Sort of seems like they?re trying to distance themselves further away from having a logo that looks a bit ?extreme?. I?m not one to really buy anything in there but you have to admit, there isn?t a better place to get band t-shirts!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Not a bad update. Sort of seems like they?re trying to distance themselves further away from having a logo that looks a bit ?extreme?. I?m not one to really buy anything in there but you have to admit, there isn?t a better place to get band t-shirts!

Not nationally, no. Locally (Phoenix, AZ) yes, much better places.

Where else would you recommend?

Their new logo seems kind of bland and stale to me. I feel like I used stenciled letters just like that on a 4th grade project once.

Indeed. To appeal to their target market also, they should have added some blood dripping from a few letters.

(To be fair, I have bought things from that store in the past)

87Redskins.png

Trails Department stores here in greater phoenix, sadly no website to give you a link to...or, at least google just wants to spit out generic pages.

To appeal to their target market also, they should have added some blood dripping from a few letters.

Or they could make the stencil-like text look more like stamped letters.

I do frequent Hot Topic mostly for the music they sell, stuff by VNV Nation, Imperative Reaction, and similar artists.

• 1 month later...

I have a love-hate relationship with the new logo. I like it for it's more "professional" look, however I miss the old Goth-Rock look they had. I also miss the old atmosphere of the store. I was once a frequent shopper there. Now, I'm only in there every couple of weeks to months just to see if anything is new. I dislike the commercial trendy crap they're promoting now.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Internet.

Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week

Internet.

Like one specific site for all your band t-shirts needs or places like Amazon that really don't count?

Archived