What MLB stadiums have you been to and which is the nicest?

cgcrusader13

Comerica Park - lovely place. IIRC, the stadium is actually built into the ground. (Someone confirm?)

Citizens Bank Park (or whatever the Phillies call their stadium) - drove by it a couple times

Citizens Bank Park (yes, that's what the Phillies call their stadium) is actually built into the ground too. The main concourse is on street level, and the lower bowl is underground. The field is 23' below street level.

Honestly I thought this was standard among big league ballparks

I'm not sure - I just know that they made a really big deal about that when the park was being built. I guess maybe it was just because it was a feature new to Philadelphia, but I was under the impression that it was a unique in MLB. It could very well be the standard though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comerica Park - lovely place. IIRC, the stadium is actually built into the ground. (Someone confirm?)

Citizens Bank Park (or whatever the Phillies call their stadium) - drove by it a couple times

Citizens Bank Park (yes, that's what the Phillies call their stadium) is actually built into the ground too. The main concourse is on street level, and the lower bowl is underground. The field is 23' below street level.

Yeah, you can sort of make that out in this photo, but doesn't it take away from the street view? Sort of looks like a Minor League Park.

Yeah, I guess a little bit. The park definitely doesn't have that towering / intimidating major-league feel that a lot of stadiums have - it does seem kind of short from the outside. "Cute" if you will. It took a while to get used to after the Vet, and I kind of did hope for a taller stadium feeling park like Yankee Stadium, but it works just fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've been to 4, here they are in order of how I liked them:

Camden Yards- I know I'm biased, but this is one of my favorite places to go. I just enjoy going to the stadium, even if the O's suck

Old Yankee Stadium- This was just a cool place to go because of the history. It was cool to know this was the same stadium that the greats like Babe Ruth played. It's a shame they had to switch, but they really did need an upgrade. I'm just glad I was able to go before they left.

Nationals Park- It was nicer than I expected. I liked that they had a small stage with a band playing before the game and an outdoor bar. I thought those were neat feature. But the stadium was kinda in the middle of nowhere. I wouldn't mind going back when they build some stuff up around the stadium.

Land Shark Stadium- I went for the WBC this past March for my birthday. It was just kinda weird to what baseball in a football stadium. I did like the Marlin MANatees though, I thought that was a funny and creative idea (although not really a part of the stadium).

I've talked with friends about going to Citizens Bank Ballpark and Citifield. Unfortunately I was extremely busy last summer and didn't get a chance. I'd love to at least go to Philly next summer.

I was under the impression that it was a unique in MLB. It could very well be the standard though.

I don't know if this is now the standard, but CBP is definitely not unique in this regard. The field at Camden Yards is also below street level (16 ft., according to Wiki), with the main concourse running at street level. For some perspective, the flag court on top of the out-of-town scoreboard in RF is at street level.

800px-Oriole_Park_Baltimore.jpg

Now that I've posted, I'll go back on topic (and come to the realization that I haven't been to many current or former MLB parks (at least not for baseball games)). The ones I have been to, in order of preference:

1. Camden Yards

2. Memorial Stadium (for baseball, football and soccer)

3. RFK Stadium (for soccer only)

4. Veterans Stadium (for soccer only)

5. Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphin/Land Shark Stadium (for football only -- 1990 Blockbuster Bowl)

Given the rest of the list, the choice of No. 1 was pretty easy.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived