What MLB stadiums have you been to and which is the nicest?

cgcrusader13

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SkyDome - Probably been to about 40 or 50 games in my lifetime. When the dome's open, it's really a nice place to watch a game. When it's closed, its pretty dreary. One of the most unique stadiums in the league.

Jacobs Field - Nicest of the bunch

Cleveland Municipal Stadium - Dump

Busch Stadium II - Best gameday experience, most knowledgeable fans

Oakland Coliseum - Went in 1996 when Mount Davis was under construction. It was the Mariners vs. As, and both Griffey and McGwire got the day off. Sucked.

Citizens Bank Park - Jays vs. Phillie this year, very nice!

Jacobs Field - Jays vs. Indians about 4 years back. It was a dreary day, but it was nice, not as nice as Philly's but number 2 on the list.

Yankee Stadium - Jays vs. Yankees, last year on labour day. Literally a dump, but it has so much history to somewhat make up for it.

Olympic Stadium - Plenty of games. A dump, and no baseball history to make up for it, amazing how an olympics happened there :o

Rogers Centre - Place of employment. As was said earlier, if the sun is shining and the roof is open, it isn't all that bad. When it's closed, it's really sterile.

1zqy8ok.gif

I went on a baseball tour this past summer and saw a few new stadiums.

Metrodome (multiple times)

Kauffman Stadium (before and after renovations, several times)

Busch Stadium (new one)

Miller Park

Wrigley Field

US Cellular Field

Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Coors Field

Driven by Fenway and Safeco.

I have to say Busch Stadium is really nice. Good atmosphere too. Wrigley had the best atmosphere. Metrodome is always great as a Twins fan. I sat in a luxury box at Coors Field when I was younger to see the Rockies and Mets with my Dad and uncle. The Mets stayed at the same Embassy Suites as us. We saw them in the lobby one morning, Bobby Valentine, John Olerud, and so on.

I've been to Safeco, the Metrodome (Humperdome as we used to call it), and SkyDome. I've also driven past Kaufman and Busch II while on the way to other places.

Safeco kicks the :censored: out of the other two I've set foot in, hands down.

Also, Wade Stadium in Duluth MN is a nice little park. Right on the lake, you can see the ships on Lake Superior coming in and out of port. Good times, and Wheat Belt on tap for $2.50/32 oz cup (in 1995).

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I took a "Baseball Road trip" this summer with a couple of friends and visited some nice ballparks, here is some that we visited as well as some I've been to in the past(in no order):

Yankee Stadium- Bronx, NY...great experience for the final Red Sox/Yankees series in the park(the tour was fun as well)

New Yankee Stadium- Bronx, NY...beautiful and expensive stadium- attended the first ever Subway Series game at the new stadium.

Fenway Park- Boston, MA...bought some tickets atop of the Green Monster and drank w/ some Red Sox fans(crazy being an avid Yankee fan).

Camden Yards- Baltimore, MD...One of my favorite parks from the list(at least the Orioles can claim they play in a superb park).

Turner Field- Atlanta, GA...Good food, love some boiled peanuts.

Progressive Field- Cleveland, OH...Great park to watch baseball in even w/ those pesky birds.

Shea Stadium- Queens, NY...I went to a game there in 1989 against the Phillies, don't really remember too much(I was 7 years old).

Tropicana Field- St. Pete., Fl...awful ballpark(if you can call it that)

Dolphins Stadium- Miami, FL...this stadium reminds you that you are in a football stadium.

Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL...So much history, great time and great drinking.

I also made it out to Cooperstown and watched a little league game at Double Day Field(there was a little league tournament going on) as well as going to the Baseball Hall of Fame(a must for all true baseball fans).

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Seen games at (in order of first visit)...

- Rogers Centre

- Olympic Stadium

- Landshark Stadium

- Comerica Park

- Old Yankee Stadium

- Knology Park (Jays spring)

- Progress Energy Park at Al Lang Field (Rays spring)

- PNC Park

- Joker Marchant Stadium (Tigers spring)

- Bright House Networks Field (Phillies spring)

- George Steinbrenner Stadium (Yankees spring)

Seen the stadiums, but not games...

- Exhibition Stadium

- Veterans Stadium

- Riverfront Stadium

- Turner Field

- Tiger Stadium

- RFK Stadium

- Nationals Park

- Tropicana Field

Visited the sites of the demolished...

- Atlanta Fulton County Stadium

- Exhibition Stadium

- Tiger Stadium (partially demolished at the time)

- Forbes Field

PNC Park and Comerica Park were easily my most favourite of those that I have seen games at

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Fake answer:

I live in [MLB city]/I'm a [favorite MLB team] fan, so I think [the ballpark of your favorite team or in your city] is the bestest stadium in the whole league, EVAR!

Real answer:

I've been to/seen PNC Park, RFK Stadium, Camden Yards, Memorial Stadium, (new) Comiskey Park, Citizens Bank Park, and Miller Park. I used to think Camden Yards was the nicest I had seen...until I went to PNC Park. That place is freaking awesome. Too bad those both PNC's and Camden's tenants suck ass so hard.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I've only seen a game at Fenway, but walked around Camden and the new Natstown. They're both really nice, especially Camden. Natstown would be if it was in a different area, I feel. Of course I love Fenway, but if it were as nice as, say, Camden, that would be awesome.

Been to several games at PNC Park. Not a bad seat in the house.

Stadiums I've seen/driven by:

Tigers Stadium - saw it during a trip to the D during All-Star year

Comerica Park - lovely place. IIRC, the stadium is actually built into the ground. (Someone confirm?)

Citizens Bank Park (or whatever the Phillies call their stadium) - drove by it a couple times

Camden Yards - (used to) drive by it often on the way to the ESPNZone on Baltimore's Inner Harbor

Yankee Stadium - saw it while riding through the Bronx

Citi Field - Saw it while riding through Queens

(Whatever the Nationals call their) Stadium - was just curious as to what it looked like, so I drove by it

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Comerica Park - lovely place. IIRC, the stadium is actually built into the ground. (Someone confirm?)

Citizens Bank Park (or whatever the Phillies call their stadium) - drove by it a couple times

Citizens Bank Park (yes, that's what the Phillies call their stadium) is actually built into the ground too. The main concourse is on street level, and the lower bowl is underground. The field is 23' below street level.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Citizens Bank Park (yes, that's what the Phillies call their stadium) is actually built into the ground too. The main concourse is on street level, and the lower bowl is underground. The field is 23' below street level.

Yeah, you can sort of make that out in this photo, but doesn't it take away from the street view? Sort of looks like a Minor League Park.

cbp-ext4.JPG

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

("Real" Stadium names used where applicable)

Shea Stadium

Citi Field

Old Yankee Stadium

New Yankee Stadium

PNC Park ***NICEST***

Oriole Park @ Camden Yards

Nationals Ballpark

Comerica Park

New Comiskey Field

Wrigley Field

Miller Park

Great American Ballpark

Joe Robbie Stadium

Skydome

Safeco Field

PETCO Park

Pac Bell Park

Candlestick Park

Citizens Bank Park

Tradition Field (Port St. Lucie FL, Mets Spring Training)

Drove Past/Flew Directly Over:

The BOB, RFK, Angel Stadium, Stade Olympique, Fenway

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Honestly I thought this was standard among big league ballparks

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived