NBA Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

A lot of football concepts have gone through this summer and fall, and I am responsible for approx. 60 of them.

So, I figured it is time to move on to some basketball!

Hawks

- for the Hawks I wanted to combine their sleek new style with their older style. While I like their template, their wordmark and numerals, as well as their colors, are very generic. I think I've thrown this concept on the boards once, but I went back and did gave it some tweaks. I feel like it has more character than their current set.

Oh, and FYI, for Atlanta fans the ATL script is key! :)

HawksConcept-1.png

Celtics

- I kept a traditional look, but made a very untraditional color addition. I hate how the Celtics have dipped their nose in gold but have not used it, b/c I love it! So gold becomes a major part of this set. Also, notice black is gone!

CelticsConcept.png

-----

alright, well I'm going alphabetically, so the Bobcats and Bulls are next

Dude These are sweet! the only thing is that the white atl wordmark is off a bit. mabye its just me but i think it would look better if it was yellow. also, im a celtics fan and i think you did a great job with their concept. Keep it up!!!

THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ME WILL BEGIN TO UNDERSTANDV3NOMsig-1.png

RedSox2-1.pngCeltics-1.pngPatriots2.png

You didn't do too much with the Celtics but it looks good and there isn't anything to complain about there.

Hawks has some issues. I kinda have a lot of problems with this one so sorry if i'm very wordy. The thing is, I've seen people try to put the old colors with the new template, but they usually look better than this, so that doesn't help you.

-The wordmarks and numbers look really off. I know for a fact that the "A" in the script looks different because it has a slash in it that resembles a hawk head, and it's much smoother than this. It almost looks like you traced these yourself, and they are messy. The Atlanta wordmark looks cleaner than than the Hawks wordmark, though.

-your side panels do not flow as smoothly as they should. I'm looking at the pants, especially, because sometimes the red panel is closer to the piping and sometimes it isnt, it creates a messier effect

-you have put black and yellow piping on the back of the red jersey when it should be white and yellow.

-i don't see very much consistency in the collars. the home collar is red with a black insert, the road collar is black with a black insert. Either make the home collar all red or make the insert on the road collar white.

-the yellow patch on the collar is highly unnecessary, it's too small to even really be noticed and it throws off the design a little, where else is yellow used inside of another color? yellow is always used as the outline, like on the numbers, or the piping, where it is side by side with black or white. see what I mean?

-white outline on the logos would help a lot.

-the alternate does not do it at all for me. The ATL wordmark with no outlines bothers me, and the fact that the only place with white is the ATL and NOB is inconsistent. Then you just threw in the retro logo which, when paired with the modern template, looks very out of place. Try something new with the alternate, think up a new template. I do like the contrast between black and the accents of yellow and red, though. Try the alternate with absolutely no white.

I think overall it just needs to be....refined. At the moment it isn't better than what they currently where, and I think, with a series like this, if you are going to keep most of the logos and wordmarks, which is how I treated my own personal redesign, then it should be your goal to make every uniform better than what they currently wear. Figure out what is wrong, and change it from there. Sometimes that means tweaking, sometimes that means bigger overhauls. I think you did that to an extent with the Hawks, but refining it more might make it better looking than the current navy and red uniforms.

Personally not a fan of the gold on the Celtics unis. Personally I think green and white alone is just perfect for them. The gold alternate is quite nice mind.

I think I quite like the Hawks concept, but if you are going retro with the color scheme, why not pick out a retroish feel for the alternate?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The name on the back of the Celtics jersey are straight across on your concept and most if not all NBA jersyes have arched names. Is Brian Scalabrine still a Celtic? if so I dont think his name would fit on the back of that jersey or any European for that matter. other than that, i like your Hawks concept and agree that their previous jerseys and script was better than what they have now.

Archived