Elite Ice Hockey Leage (UK)

Hathaway Browne

The Cardiff redesign is very good - I like the way the V shaped hemstripes kind of feel tied in with the V-chin in the Devils logo. The Welsh text on the third is a pretty cool touch as well!

Is that a bear head on the shoulders?

...I'm never going to see that logo the same way ever again now. :lol:

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job with all of these so far. One slight change might be to make the blue in the Edinburgh set a slightly darker blue, that would contrast better with the red of the lion, and be more like what the national teams for Scotland tend to wear. But thats the only change I would even think about at the moment!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The Cardiff redesign is very good - I like the way the V shaped hemstripes kind of feel tied in with the V-chin in the Devils logo.

That was unintentional, but I'll admit that is kinda nifty. :)

The Welsh text on the third is a pretty cool touch as well!

Thanks. I just thought it'd be nice to see it on a jersey. Thankfully its only short... there's no way I could fit Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch on a jersey. ;)

Good job with all of these so far. One slight change might be to make the blue in the Edinburgh set a slightly darker blue, that would contrast better with the red of the lion, and be more like what the national teams for Scotland tend to wear. But thats the only change I would even think about at the moment!

Thanks for the comment, I'll play around with the blue when I do the Saltire jersey, which also has the lion.

####

And while I'm here I might as well carry on our tour. Over the Irish Sea we go to Northern Ireland and Belfast.

Now I'm no fan of their current primary logo, (specifically the cartoony Finn McCool), however I found a little used secondary logo on their site that I think seemed perfect.

Of course, the colour palette stays the same.

I'll admit, I'm not sure if this set is too plain so let me know what you think...

4167444930_6a09d6754a_o.png

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

The Cardiff redesign is very good - I like the way the V shaped hemstripes kind of feel tied in with the V-chin in the Devils logo.

Thanks. I just thought it'd be nice to see it on a jersey. Thankfully its only short... there's no way I could fit Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch on a jersey. ;)

Thanks for the comment, I'll play around with the blue when I do the Saltire jersey, which also has the lion.

####

And while I'm here I might as well carry on our tour. Over the Irish Sea we go to Northern Ireland and Belfast.

Now I'm no fan of their current primary logo, (specifically the cartoony Finn McCool), however I found a little used secondary logo on their site that I think seemed perfect.

I'll admit, I'm not sure if this set is too plain so let me know what you think...

Slight tangent to this thread but to tie into the Giants, here's Jeremy Clarkson taking to the ice against the Giants in a recent episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0u80LhY0kI

####

The third jersey wordmark looks like the Philadelphia Eagles wordmark. Which is kind of funny, because the Eagles and (NY) Giants are major rivals.

Great choice of logo for the Giants jerseys! Though I can't help but think that the wordmark on the third is slightly off centre... maybe move it upwards a bit as well.

The jerseys are a tad bit plain, as you've said, but I'm stumped as to what changes you could make asides from adding shoulder logos.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

A slight change you could make to the Giants logo is possibly make the tapering of the hair resemble the Giants Causeway and its stones

Just a thought!

Well I did think to just have the Giants wordmark on a hexagon background but it looked awful (well my rendering anyway). Then I found the "new" Giant on their site so went with that.

The third jersey wordmark looks like the Philadelphia Eagles wordmark. Which is kind of funny, because the Eagles and (NY) Giants are major rivals.

I thought that as soon as I saw it. Its another official logo, so no doubt whoever did it for the team took inspiration from the Eagles.

Great choice of logo for the Giants jerseys! Though I can't help but think that the wordmark on the third is slightly off centre... maybe move it upwards a bit as well.

I thought it was just me who thought it was off centre! I did just eyeball it when placing it.

The jerseys are a tad bit plain, as you've said, but I'm stumped as to what changes you could make asides from adding shoulder logos.

I did think about an interlocking NI (a la the Yankees) which could work as a shoulder patch.

I guess the plainness is also compounded by the lack of sponsorship. If they used this today it'd have a bazillion logos plastered over every spare spot.

I shall return later with the London Knights in tow.

The knights set looks really nice but on the home and away you need to change the curved bits on the arms. Right now if viewed from the side the sleeve would come to a point up near the collar which I don't think would look that nice, instead move the curve down so there is a bit of a stripe that goes all the way up to the collar like the old flyers uniforms. Overall this is a very nice series so far.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

^well spotted! I hadn't noticed that it'd go to a point. I'll will have to go back and change that.

And onwards again to one of the oldest English teams, the Nottingham Panthers. Established in 1946 they are the only British team to play a season in every league there has been in the country.As for the jerseys, didn't want to do much (apart from ditching the wordmark on the front). They have recently brought back an old style jersey, so I've kept that as the vintage third.

<br>I'll admit, looking back on it now, (as with Belfast) its probably too plain for its own good. All comments welcome. :)<br><br>4167448134_2760d87967_o.png<br><br>

So not too simplified? I guess "less is more" does make sense at times. :)

A lesson that uniform designers the world over could sometimes do with learning.

I think especially with Hockey uniforms, if you have a distinctive color schemes and a good logo, then you can make a unique uniform without over complicating a uniform.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived