NASL logos for sportlogo.net

MaximGan

Pollard, you and Maxim have singlehandedly (or is that "doublehandedly"?) brought the old NASL back to life with your talents! I've been away from the boards for a few, and I'm wondering if you've thought about uploading your games onto YouTube? I'm sure most of us (including me) would like to see a snippet or two of some "classic" NASL games in action.

Way to go, fellas, and keep 'em flying! :flagusa::flagcanada:

--Larry

Thanks Larry!! My plan is to fully recreate the entire 17 year history of the NASL and release the files so that all can use them. Because of Maxim's work my job has gotten easier. Its still a lot of work with the conversions but its a lot easier!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pollard,

It's fantastic, great job!!

I will try as soon as all finish, really want to play a season in the NASL!!!

(**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

Maxim I have to thank you for all of your help because without it I would not have been so far along with this project. Thanks!!

Wow! Just wow!

I smiled when I saw the Kansas City Spurs sign next to the one for the Fox Soccer Channel. It's like out of some sort of alternate history.

I'm trying to put up flags of the TV stations of the different cities and one or two networks as well. If I can find logos of TVS Sports that would be very helpful.

Wow! Just wow!

I smiled when I saw the Kansas City Spurs sign next to the one for the Fox Soccer Channel. It's like out of some sort of alternate history.

I'm trying to put up flags of the TV stations of the different cities and one or two networks as well. If I can find logos of TVS Sports that would be very helpful.

You mean something like this?

tvs.gif

It could stand some cleaning up. I grabbed it from a screen capture.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Wow. I want that software, and all the files. Man, it's "alternate history" things like this that make me want to dig back into my "AltaVerse" projects...like the American Soccer Leagues, a pyramid based on what US Soccer could have been if it had evolved like in Great Britain. And I'm not even a soccer fan.

Deep bow to you both. I am awed...and count me in on wanting the YouTube clips.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Here's the last for today from NASL 1976: Hartford Bicentennials vs Chicago Sting

1976HFDvsCHI01.png

1976HFDvsCHI02.png

1976HFDvsCHI03.png

1976HFDvsCHI04.png

1976HFDvsCHI05.png

1976HFDvsCHI06.png

1976HFDvsCHI07.png

1976HFDvsCHI08.png

Okay. That is basically THE coolest thing I have ever seen. In the words of the great Will from Land of the Lost, "I have lived. I...have lived." Fantastic job to the both of you!! How did you get the kits converted on there? Is that part of the game or is it seperate software?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Here's the last for today from NASL 1976: Hartford Bicentennials vs Chicago Sting

1976HFDvsCHI01.png

1976HFDvsCHI02.png

1976HFDvsCHI03.png

1976HFDvsCHI04.png

1976HFDvsCHI05.png

1976HFDvsCHI06.png

1976HFDvsCHI07.png

1976HFDvsCHI08.png

Okay. That is basically THE coolest thing I have ever seen. In the words of the great Will from Land of the Lost, "I have lived. I...have lived." Fantastic job to the both of you!! How did you get the kits converted on there? Is that part of the game or is it seperate software?

Its FIFA 10 for the PC only. Unfortunately I can't do the same for Xbox 360 of PS3 versions of the game only the PC. There are a series of programs that I use to convert the files to the game and I use Microsoft paint to convert Maxim's pictures into the kits. I have a lot done and when its finished I will give the files to all who want them! Many thanks to Maxim for inspiring me with the pictures.

Pollard, I've been looking at your fascinating screengrabs, and one particular question crossed my mind. I'm not at all familiar with the video games of today or programming, so I wouldn't know anything about modifying them, but I'm wondering if, for the sake of fully capturing the flavor of the era, could the hairstyles of the players be modified to look like a game from the Seventies? I'm just wondering how "authentic" a look can be created.

Good luck, pollard!

--Larry

Pollard, I've been looking at your fascinating screengrabs, and one particular question crossed my mind. I'm not at all familiar with the video games of today or programming, so I wouldn't know anything about modifying them, but I'm wondering if, for the sake of fully capturing the flavor of the era, could the hairstyles of the players be modified to look like a game from the Seventies? I'm just wondering how "authentic" a look can be created.

Good luck, pollard!

--Larry

Larry i'm gonna try to address that but my skills in that area are minimum at best. I will stroll over to NASL Uniforms to see how many players I can try to fix but its gonna be general with most. My thing is to try to get the kits as close to the real kits as I can. And Maxim has been a big help with his designs.

Here are the NASL Kits that I have to do with the Maxim designs released:

Oakland Clippers

Oakland Stompers

Philadelphia Spartans

Pittsburgh Phantoms

San Francisco Gales

San Jose/Golden Bay Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders

St.Louis Stars

Team Hawaii

Vancouver Royals

Washington Whips/Darts

Waiting for these from Maxim:

New England/Jacksonville Tea Men

Toronto City/Falcons/Metros/Metros-Croatia

Tulsa Roughnecks

Vancouver Whitecaps

Washington Diplomats

Wow! Just wow!

You mean something like this?

tvs.gif

It could stand some cleaning up. I grabbed it from a screen capture.

Thank you for this!! I will be putting it into the game. By the way does anyone know which seasons were televised by TVS Sports?

Good luck, pollard!

--Larry

Larry i'm gonna try to address that but my skills in that area are minimum at best. I will stroll over to NASL Uniforms to see how many players I can try to fix but its gonna be general with most. My thing is to try to get the kits as close to the real kits as I can. And Maxim has been a big help with his designs.

Here are the NASL Kits that I have to do with the Maxim designs released:

Oakland Clippers

Oakland Stompers

Philadelphia Spartans

Pittsburgh Phantoms

San Francisco Gales

San Jose/Golden Bay Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders

St.Louis Stars

Team Hawaii

Vancouver Royals

Washington Whips/Darts

Waiting for these from Maxim:

New England/Jacksonville Tea Men

Toronto City/Falcons/Metros/Metros-Croatia

Tulsa Roughnecks

Vancouver Whitecaps

Washington Diplomats

Thank you, pollard. I'm not expecting nor looking for specific players to be represented, but just the general look of the hairstyles the players wore back then. The NASL Jerseys website has hundreds of pics from that time - a veritable pool of inspiration. By the way, I can't wait to see your Philadelphia Spartans and Pittsburgh Phantoms representations. It will be nice to see the teams of the USA and NPSL in action, albeit virtually.

--Larry

Archived