NASL logos for sportlogo.net

MaximGan

That Blizzard logo always bugged me a little. It looks crooked to me because of the wordmark across the middle. It's not bad looking, but it's kind of like those optical illusions where parallel lines appear slanted because of other elements in the picture. Like this:

parallel-lines-illusion.jpg

Maybe it's just me.

That's messin' with my head, man.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Vancouver and Portland (who remains USL-loyal) will be headed to MLS next season, though technically the teams won't be the same business entities as the current second-division teams.

There's also the US Open Cup, where second-division teams have been known to knock out some of the big boys.

I know that Vancouver franchise is working on keeping their USL-1 team and moving it somewhere else in the area. I don't know about Portland. I would think that the NASL will eventually win this little soccer war and the remaining USL-1 clubs will move over to NASL. Then the USL can focus more on the USL-2 (hopefully restructure it) and PDL, which is more in line with their historical roots. Remember it was the USL that bought the old APSL and merged it with their own Select League to form the current USL-1. But historically they have been a confederation of smaller amateur clubs back to its founding back in the 1980's.

And yes, the USOC is great. My local club, Nashville Metros, playing in the A-League at the time, were responsible for one of those upsets when they knocked-off the Kansas City Wizards 3-1 in the second round of the tournament in 1998. It was brilliant. In fact they beat Kansas City in a friendly one other time too.

Vancouver is moving the USL/NASL team to Edmonton next year.

I'm not sure that the Vancouver USL/NASL franchise will be in Edmonton (or anywhere at this point). It look more like the Edmonton franchise is an independent group. The Caps may try to associate with them for player development rather than move their existing club.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, which is nowhere near as much fun as guessing.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Maxim how do I screen capture while playing FIFA 10 soccer so I can show you what I have done with your creations?

use THIS program...just start it up before you open FIFA and then use the hot-keys to take screenshots when you are in the game.

Thank you very much!

I have been converting Maxim's NASL pictures to FIFA 10 kits and if I'm doing it right here are the 1975 Baltimore Comets!

balcomets7504.th.png

balcomets7503.th.png

balcomets7502.th.png

I have done many kits so far with Maxim's creations and I will post them all here.

Thanks Maxim!!

By the way is there a better way to post pictures?

OK here are some shots from 1980 between Atlanta Chiefs and California Surf.

fifa102010033112344352.th.png

fifa102010033112342296.th.png

californiavsatlanta03.th.png

californiavsatlanta02.th.png

californiavsatlanta01.th.png

california02.th.png

california01.th.png

More a little later.

By the way as Maxim releases the rest of the NASL teams I will be making each and everyone of them and posting them here for all to see.

By th

Pollard, you and Maxim have singlehandedly (or is that "doublehandedly"?) brought the old NASL back to life with your talents! I've been away from the boards for a few, and I'm wondering if you've thought about uploading your games onto YouTube? I'm sure most of us (including me) would like to see a snippet or two of some "classic" NASL games in action.

Way to go, fellas, and keep 'em flying! :flagusa::flagcanada:

--Larry

Wow! Just wow!

I smiled when I saw the Kansas City Spurs sign next to the one for the Fox Soccer Channel. It's like out of some sort of alternate history.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Archived