Kansas City Chiefs

rentz

Whether I think any of them are improvements or not is by the by the biggest issue I have with this attempt to upgrade the logo is that at the out set you stated your main intention was to do it in order to remove the black which you felt was completely unnecessary. Yet in every iteration since the first you've added more and more black to the point where you've almost increased the amount of black used.

So in that sense alone you've failed to achieve what you set out to do.

The last version is fairly impressive it doesn't meet your self imposed brief either with regards the black but with that said I think it's the best one of the bunch and is the one I'd carry forward if I was to continue this concept.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I'm gonna have to tout the party line here. The Cheifs logo looks about as good as it's ever gonna look. The only "improvement" I can think of that MIGHT work is if you tried that type of shading on the current logo. Otherwise, I'd try to focus on taking some of the blandness away from their uniforms. You're going in the right direction with the number switch, but it what you've done overall seems a little "safe." The Redskins wore Pittsburgh Pirates style numbers in the 30s and 40s, something like that would probably work just as well for the Chiefs. I would also do a little research into the artifacts of First Nations of the Great Plains. Maybe there's a pattern that would translate well into a cuff and collar design like Florida State or maybe a subliminated design for the overall body of the jerseys.

I've improved it. Looky here.

kcchiefs.jpg

i notice in the "K" there are some nice notches in the serifs and connector...but none in the "C"...maybe add one in the top right serif on the "C".

i love the shadow bevel on the bottom, but i noticed that there isnt one on the bottom side of the right side notched out area.

and like mcrosby said...maybe try the same new wordmark font in the arrowhead...if you do add the black outline/dropshadow...i might try it in the wordmark as well for consistency.

footer_helmet.gif

I'd like to see the letters in the logo match the wordmark, it may or may not work.

I gave it a shot but it just doesn't look right. When you take the classic, serif lettering out of the arrowhead and use a more modern typeface, it makes the logo kind of cheesy looking.

Archived