Fixing the Atlanta Thrashers

habsfan1

Right here. The home jersey remains intact while the road is a modified and very cleaned up version of their alternate.

Thrashers.png

The reason why the jerseys don't match is because a white version of the home does not look good no matter what. I've tried it with navy stripes and powder blue stripes and both don't look good. And as a fan of the blueland look, I did not want to get rid of the current home, so I had no choice. As for the new road jersey, well...some ideas are good but they also need to be pitched well. Gone are the hideous gigantic bird head shoulder logos, the ugly front script and the front numbers. The jersey uses the normal primary logo for the crest and the colors have been brushed up a helluvalot to avoid the motocross look.

I still see two major problems with your concept:

#1) The jersey colours don't match. The thing I hate most about the Thrashers blue jersey is that the light blue is otherwise absent from their set. You've continued that- either swap out the blue on that jersey, or put it on the road jersey in place of the red or yellow.

#2) The road jersey looks strange without any red on the sleeves. The idea is good, but the execution needs work.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Not really sure how this is a "fix." You still have two jerseys that don't match at all, except for the crest. I like your idea of repurposing the alternate's template. If you used that template for both home and away (and changed it so that the sleeve striping actually matched the side panels, instead of just almost matching) and used the same color hierarchy for home and away, then you'd have a fix.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Sorry man i think this made them look worse. Their third template is terrible, the stripes tranfer awkwardly in real life with pads on, and the arms don't even match the side stripes. What the Thrashers need is a consistent look and probably a new template, so if you really want to fix them, put a little into coming up with something new and not filling in an existing template.

Archived