New Illinois basketball uniforms and special shoes

illini1

I haven't seen anything on this yet, but it seems similar to what Syracuse did (but Syracuse didn't get new uniforms and I don't think they wore the shoes in the game.) What they have now isn't bad, but it's not that good either. Maybe Nike will put out a nice jersey for them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think this weekend is the Coaches vs. Cancer weekend, so I'm hoping it's not just some stupid pink uniforms and shoes. They've been playing like girls this year, they don't need to dress like them too.

Apparently after tonight's game Bruce Weber made a comment saying something to the effect of "the uniforms are unique and are sure to get some national publicity, but the uniforms aren't about Illinois , they're about Coaches vs. Cancer." I'm even more sure these are going to be something lame like pink uniforms and shoes. I hope I'm wrong.

It could have been worse. It's pretty subdued, actually.

Are these going to be auctioned off for the Komen Foundation or are they simply there to increase our awareness about a specific disease that we are plenty aware about already?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived