Toronto Maple Leafs Concept

speedy

I've been revisiting some concepts I've posted over the years and have been retooling them based on the comments I received. So as you can see in the subtitle, I've already showed you this leaf. The guys who have been here a while might recognize it, might not, we'll see. Quick overview on what hasn't changed. The primary 35 point leaf has remained the same as my original. For those of you knew to this, the differences between the my leaf and their leaf are; serifs on the font, consistent outline size, and centered font. Now here come the changes, I ditched the previous secondary logo and reworked a new 35 point leaf showing the fullness of an actual maple leaf, it's basically a modernization of their previous shoulder patch. Another slight change in terms is logos is the EST 1917 on the tertiary. When I first posted this I put EST 1927 as the first year they used the term "Maple Leafs". I've since been corrected that most fans view the start of the franchise as 1917 rather than 1927. Anyway, here are the logos.

aTML1.png

Now onto the uniforms, some more changes here. Many people complained about the difference in cuff lengths on the home and way. Those have been fixed, and have taken the Vancouver and Boston approach to starting the cuff color at the end of the elbow stripes. Another change is the removal of a blue yoke on the white sweater, I found it made the jersey look far too cluttered, thoughts? As you can see I also added the silhouette to the shoulders where as the previous incarnation didn't utilize a shoulder patch. Once final change is the sock stripes. IIRC correctly it was Mockba who brought up how the socks still didn't match. I don't know how much tradition the 3 stripe approach holds in Leaf Land so I streamlined them and made them conform to the rest of the uniforms stripes.

aTML2.png

C&C greatly appreciated.

The original concept can be seen here.

This looks great.

The only thing kinda throwing me off is the spacing in 'LEAFS' on the primary/crest logo.

Any reason for the wider spacing?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Really nice work. Well though out, well executed. Love the jerseys

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

This looks great.

The only thing kinda throwing me off is the spacing in 'LEAFS' on the primary/crest logo.

Any reason for the wider spacing?

Just a carry over from the original 35 point leaf.

Oh alright. See, I never would have realized that, seeing as to how I pay no attention to hockey. haha.

But in that case, I like the fact that you kept that little piece.

And knowing that, this concept's just about flawless.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

That leaf is way too detailed, it makes it look too aged. Maybe that's appropriate for a team like the Maple Leafs. Nice unis by the way.

Fair statement. I'm not sure which leaf you're talking about but I'm guessing the one on the right. I'm glad you said it looked aged, it was what I was going for. The Leafs have a hard on with throwbacks and a retro feel, making changes without upgrading their look though. With the leaf on the right, I threw it back to a bygone era while updating it for use in the 21st century, without losing the sense of old tyme hockey, if you will.

That leaf is way too detailed, it makes it look too aged. Maybe that's appropriate for a team like the Maple Leafs. Nice unis by the way.

Fair statement. I'm not sure which leaf you're talking about but I'm guessing the one on the right. I'm glad you said it looked aged, it was what I was going for. The Leafs have a hard on with throwbacks and a retro feel, making changes without upgrading their look though. With the leaf on the right, I threw it back to a bygone era while updating it for use in the 21st century, without losing the sense of old tyme hockey, if you will.

I see what you mean, If that's what you were going for you definately nailed it, then.

Archived