Bobby Ryan's Life on the Lam

NJTank

Yeah there was a ton of talk about this around the 2005 Draft, but Bobby didn't shy away from it and let everyone know about it. He handled it all very well.

This has all come back in the spotlight recently with people looking for stories on the Olympic team.

He doesn't shy away from it. He will talk about it when asked. He even joked about it the other day in an interview with the OC Register saying "Ryan looks better on the back of a jersey anyway."

Bobby Ryan is one hell of a player and a great person. He's working his way up from being a trivia question (Who was chosen behind Sidney Crosby?) to one of the better players in the NHL. Leads the Ducks in goals and co-leader on team USA in NHL goals this season.

I have a ton of respect for the guy. Solid.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wait - the guy was charged with attempted murder and 5 other felony counts, plus jumped bail, and then only got 5 years once he was eventually caught? Seriously? How does that happen?

Also, I didn't know that Bobby Clarke owned a gym. I wonder if he lets thin, fast, athletic people join, or if he only wants big, slow meat headed muckers and grinders as members.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wait - the guy was charged with attempted murder and 5 other felony counts, plus jumped bail, and then only got 5 years once he was eventually caught? Seriously? How does that happen?

Also, I didn't know that Bobby Clarke owned a gym. I wonder if he lets thin, fast, athletic people join, or if he only wants big, slow meat headed muckers and grinders as members.

Well his wife the victim was on the run with him, that meant she was an uncooperative victim, which would have made any trial hard for the Prosecutors office, so in the end a plea deal was made to send him to prison, and to get it over with. This is common in NJ.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Gare Joyce (mostly known for his coverage of junior hockey here in Canada) wrote a book about a year he spend "undercover" in the NHL scouting world. Not an especially great book, but defiantly an interesting read called "A year undercover in the secret world of NHL scouts".

He told this story in that book as well as a snippet of an interview he had with Bobby Ryan. What really stuck out to me is that once his father finally agreed to turn himself in he told Bobby that he could go back to using his real name, and Bobby said something along the lines of "that's a past I don't want, I've worked so hard to not be that person so I'll never go back to that name.".

Gotta hand it to the guy, he really went through a lot to become very successful.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived