Montreal Olympics Expos Patch logo

Pizzaman7294

What was the point of the extensions of the tops of the top three circles? Is it supposed to make an M?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What was the point of the extensions of the tops of the top three circles? Is it supposed to make an M?

Per Olympic.org:

It is made up of the Olympic rings mounted on an Olympic podium, which is also the graphic interpretation of the letter M, the initial of Montreal. In the centre, the athletics track, the focal point of the Games. This emblem invokes the universal fraternity offered by the Olympic Ideal, as well as the glory of the winners, the gallant spirit of their battles and the accession of Montreal to the rank of Olympic city.

Per Olympic.org:

It is made up of the Olympic rings mounted on an Olympic podium, which is also the graphic interpretation of the letter M, the initial of Montreal. In the centre, the athletics track, the focal point of the Games. This emblem invokes the universal fraternity offered by the Olympic Ideal, as well as the glory of the winners, the gallant spirit of their battles and the accession of Montreal to the rank of Olympic city.

I love it when people try to infuse meaning into a visual element that doesn't come anywhere close to the meaning they are trying to convey...and by "loving it" I'm being sarcastic. I hate it...I absolutely hate when people try to pull this pretentious .

This logo doesn't come any where close to exemplifying those meanings. Its total IMO.

I just want to point out that this is not "vectorized". A vectorized logo refers to the file type, which requires a special program, and produces much cleaner results. Simply touching up a logo in photoshop does not count as vectorizing a logo.

you know, i really dont know, haha...., I saw that the logo on the Sportslogos.net website had a patch picture for this logo, so i thought that it needed to be "vectorized", so i tried in photoshop, so I wanted to see if it could go on the website

Soooooooo

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived