COLLEGE FOOTBALL HELMETS

dbackdiehard17

I'm doing a project for FSU football 2010 and I need a high quality, high resolution graphic of each team's helmet that they're playing in 2010. I know this kind of thing is usually reserved for the REQUESTS forum, but I kind of need these quick, and it would be amazing if you guys could help.

I need the helmets for the following teams:

Samford

Oklahoma

BYU

Wake Forest

Virginia

Miami

Boston College

North Carolina State

North Carolina

Clemson

Maryland

Florida

I realize a few of these helmets are already on the site, but I need 12 consistent looking helmets (this is for the Spring Football guide so it needs to look professional). I looked all over the internet but found nothing with large high quality helmet graphics. So I'm reaching out to you guys.

Thanks so much guys.

Again sorry to post a request on here, but if you could help me out I'd be ecstatic.

Thanks

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

Wouldn't FSU have a media department that would have logos / graphics for all of the teams? Or wouldn't the athletic dept. have them? What do they use for game programs? Someone there's got them - you shouldn't have to scour the internets for images for a project for a school like FSU.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wouldn't FSU have a media department that would have logos / graphics for all of the teams? Or wouldn't the athletic dept. have them? What do they use for game programs? Someone there's got them - you shouldn't have to scour the internets for images for a project for a school like FSU.

Believe it or not, they usually get their helmets from MGHelmets.com I found that interesting, but then when I looked at their 2009 football media guide, sure enough that's what was on there. They have some logos on file, but not super super high quality. Surprising, eh? I was surprised myself.

Thanks so much for the logo folder. That is some amazing stuff: there's only one problem, Samford isn't on there. I'm sorry I'm being a pain in the butt, but I need each team to look the same, so if I don't have one logo, it's as if I don't have any.

Thanks again so much guys for your help. I really do appreciate it!

Yeah FSU didn't do the FB media guide - Old Hat Creative did, which is where I work. And yes, we get our helmets from MGHelmets because most teams do not provide photos or vector graphics of their helmets for us.

You are exactly right. And I noticed that the other day when I went back and looked at the back of their 2009 Media Guide. Although it looks really nice, I couldn't believe that schools don't provide their vector helmets.

We should have a universal system where each school provides x number of their helmets in different versions. That way we can have some uniformity amongst schools.

Yeah FSU didn't do the FB media guide - Old Hat Creative did, which is where I work. And yes, we get our helmets from MGHelmets because most teams do not provide photos or vector graphics of their helmets for us.

I find it even more odd that a media company would use helmet graphics from a freelance artist rather than creating their own. Not taking anything away from MG's site, because he had some solid work, it just seems strange to me.

We don't create our own because we simply don't have time. We have more than 60 schools we work with, not to mention professional organizations (including 3 NBA franchises) that keep us incredibly busy. Add into that that a football media guide, especially for a big program like FSU, takes a ton of time to put together, we're not going to waste time putting helmets together when someone else already has them done. It's one of those 'do what you have to do' situations that is unfortunate.

Maybe this is a project we will undertake at some point in the future, but like I said it involves a lot of work finding good quality logos, reference photos, and time to actually render the helmets.

I'd also like to point out we're not a media company - we're a creative agency. We do print design, branding & logo design, photography, web design & development, and video production.

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived