Post-1995 Quebec Nordiques concept

the swed

The concept is a take on how Quebec might have looked like today with the logo they (according to rumors?) would have if they didn't move the team to Colorado.

Since "Nordiques" means "Northmen" or "Northerners" I wanted to give the jerseys a feel of snow and winter because Quebec most likely have "real" winters.

I've tried to have teal as the main color but it did not look so well so blue is more prominent.

quebecnordiques.png

quebecnordiques2.png

c+c is welcome

Looks clean and sharp! I like them way more then the actual Prototype jerseys with that logo. However with the current throwback craze I doubt thats what the Nordiques would like if they were around today. My guess is they would have returned to their original jerseys when the league switched to Edge.

Great work though, any plans for an alternate?

UPDATE #1

I've added both a fleur-de-lis and the classic Nordiques logo on the shoulders but it is in the "new" colors.

quebecnordiques.png

quebecnordiques2.png

I got an request for an alternate and I've made an throwback in two different color schemes and tell me which one you like.

alternate #1

quebecnordiquesalt2.png

alternate #2

quebecnordiquesalt3.png

As always c+c is welcome

Nice concepts. I appreciate the fleur-de-lis and the original Nords' logo on the shoulders.

Looking at this, though, makes me wonder whether they moved the team to Colorado just to avoid foisting that horrendous Nordiques remake upon the world.

I've made a small tweak on the logo by adding a white outline

and switch place on two colors.

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/quebecnordiques.png/

http://img231.imageshack.us/i/quebecnordiques2.png/

It have been mensioned before and that is it would been likely to that Quebec would use throwbacks as fulltime jerseys so I looked at http://whauniforms.com/ for some ideas and I ended up usíng their 1974-75 jerseys as a source and I altered some color and number placement.

quebecnordiquesalt.png

quebecnordiquesalt3.png

There is far too much red on that set. The Nordiques were light blue primarily, then white (and lots of it), with red trim. I know they had more red when they first started in the WHA, but that was ages ago, and it isn't the style people think of when they think of the team.

The red shoulders and NOBs are just too much, and the red pants feel excessive, too.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Only two things I'd change are using blue fleurs on the white shoulders, and identical logos on both jerseys. The second one is probably more personal preference on my part, but the first is for the sake of logic, seeing as they've never had red fleurs, as far as I am aware.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived