University of North Dakota Nokotas

hettinger_rl

Well, I'm a proponent of the idea that if the UND Sioux must be no more then they should switch to the Nokotas. A Nokota is a breed of horse that was bred in ND and now can only be found in the wild there. It was used by the Native Americans and the early settlers of that area. All this in mind I decided to play around with developing a logo for such a mascot.

I studied the current UND Sioux logo and decided that elements of the warrior could be incorporated into the horse logo. The biggest problem that I faced was that my computer and all of the programs that I would usually use to create a logo are gone. That computer is no more. So the computer side of this design will take a while. I have been able to get my image into a cheap, default, photo editing program to clean it up from the initial sketch though and in doing so thought I'd display it for C&C. So here it is:

Nok.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I think this has great potential here, I love how you incorporated the elements of the Sioux logo, very creative and I think that would be a great direction for UND. Great job, can't wait to see the finished product!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived