Eagles will bring back the kelly green uniforms

thewhodat

Look, I'm no kelly green hater, and it took me until 2003 to warm up to the midnight green, but that shade of green just looks horrible with all that black IMO. Black simply cannot be as big a part of their scheme if they were to go back to kelly green. The amount that they used during the Randall era was just enough.

I tried to cut down on the amount of black used on the primary logo and helmet wings by replacing it with the current light silver they use now, and it looks terrible. I actually have to disagree with you, though... I don't think kelly green looks bad against black at all.

I made some changes to my concept though... Used the green and silver hues that were in use for the Eagles between 1955-1969, the hues that were in place during the 1960 NFL Championship. I also changed the black slightly, making it a little lighter. On the helmet wings, I forgot to replace the light silver with the darker silver that I went with on the primary logo, so I fixed that up and now I think it looks pretty good.

I also tried doing silver facemasks, too, as someone suggested, but it didn't look too good. I really think black faskmasks are the way to go, at least with the modern uniforms + helmets. It just looks right.

eagles_logo.pngeagles_helmet.pngeagles_helmet_2.png

This is what I wish their primary uniform would look like right now... Out with midnight green, in with kelly green. Because other than that, I think the Eagles' current uniforms are fantastic, one of my favorites in the NFL.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wings can't have that green outline in them - they should appear as one solid shape.

It might look cool if the green outline was actually gray, so the white part in the front would have a gray outline, and the outline would just kinda blend in with the rear part of the wing.

In all honesty, I really hate the two-toned wing that they have now, and would be happier with it if it was just solid gray with black and white outline.

Like this?

eaglesu.png

Yeah... but it needs black in there somewhere, maybe a thin line inside of the white outline, and maybe some detail around the white inner part of the wing. NOT around the whole white part, but just the wingy part, almost like shadowing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wait, so the colored part was a stirrup? It must have been worn over bare skin then, right? I guess it wouldn't matter, but I think the loop would be a little (more) uncomfortable.

They were generally worn like this --

81801417.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548D032472FFDEA3E24DB420DDC0B0BEB29CA9BB22DBB4E6F67

My first (OK, only) year of youth football, we were given stirrups. At ages 9 and 10, none of us were smart enough to figure out what to do with them, so we all looked like we were wearing baseball socks.

So two pairs of white socks? One under and one over the stirrup?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived