question about colleges using trademarked logos

leggman01

i'm incredibly frustrated when i see colleges and universities using logos trademarked and belonging to professional franchises - i can live with high schools doing it (although not willingly), but no self-respecting college or university should ever allow blatent theft of intellectual property - there are at least a couple dozen schools that i am aware of which use a logo on their website and/or uniforms which is not theirs - the problem is, i have no idea where to report such abuse beyond notifying the school (why would they listen to me?) - anyone know where to report such violations? thanks in advance

jldesigns404eo.png

Of course you're assuming that they don't have legal rights to use the logos, or aren't paying a fee to use the logo. If you are

100% sure that a school is illegally using a logo (ex: you are 100% sure there is no contract for them to use it because you know

the legal people at that school) then you can go to the team who's having it's trademark violated.

mburny - it's primarily small colleges that tend to be the culprits, and somehow i don't see the philadelphia eagles approving taccoa falls college or robert morris college to use their logo...there are others that i've seen, but they don't come to mind right away

the problem with contacting the team is that it's difficult to find contact information for individuals within the front office...

jldesigns404eo.png

The only D-1 school I've seen do it is Howard...maybe they got the Bills' permission (after all, they are an HBCU)

Oh my. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived