Memphis Chicks

Discrim

I've been meaning to get to these guys for years now...today seemed like a good day to knock em out. So here go the Memphis Chicks.

memchicksmain.png

memchicksalt-1.png

on the home and away, the Indian head dots the i. the vest has sublimation on the right front and full back. if you're wondering how a baseball team became Chicks, it's short for Chickasaws.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I've been meaning to get to these guys for years now...today seemed like a good day to knock em out. So here go the Memphis Chicks.

memchicksmain.png

memchicksalt-1.png

on the home and away, the Indian head dots the i. the vest has sublimation on the right front and full back. if you're wondering how a baseball team became Chicks, it's short for Chickasaws.

Dont get me wrong I quite like the logo and all but that's either a team with balls of solid oak, very good lawyers or who just dont care who might take offense to their name. First you have the Chickasaws who may or may not be happy with the use of their name and then it's been shorted in such a way as to upset the women's lib groups as well! :shocked:

Brave or crazy, I'm not sure? :wacko:

(for those in any doubt the above post is tongue in cheek I doubt very much that all or any of the above groups will really be that offended)

9ersstevesig.png

When I saw the title of this I thought the concept should have gone in the Babe of the Week thread. Sort of an interesting concept though.

Well, the Memphis Chicks were an actual minor league team until 1997, and I don't recall anybody being offended by their name then.

My post genuinely was just a bit of fun, I had no idea they were/had been a real team I'll be honest I dont follow baseball, and as I said I doubt many if anyone would take offense to it. With that said take a second to think about the name and tell me that there isn't just a small outside chance that what I said could in this politically correct obsessed world we live in now actually happen. It would be utterly ridiculous right enough but it was that ridiculousness that I found funny hence the tongue in cheek post.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

yeah, I can see where people would get confused. the two most famous players to ever wear a Chicks uniform were Bo Jackson and one-armed Pete Gray...I would've had one of the jerseys be Bo except I have no idea what number he wore in Memphis...thus, a twofer for another Memphis baseball icon, the one and only Stubby Clapp :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived