Miami Marlins

chickenfish13

oh i meant the blue part of the "Marlins" word mark. but like i said i think it would be best without it, just one color. if you want to keep the two colors though, just bend the color "up", like a smile. then i would stroke it with at least one color. but that upward bend of the color will give a sense of upward motion, like the fish is jumping out of the wordmark

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i agree with the one-color wordmark, but if you must keep the two colors, flip them...i think it will emphasize what brandnstudio is referring to even more

and if it were me, i'd elongate the fish a little more (add the length after the pectoral fins)...marlin are long, lean and sleek

jldesigns404eo.png

Take it for what it's worth (well technically there isn't any inside info), but a friend of mine had worked with the Marlins until about a year ago. He kept on mentioning how much David Samson (Marlins President) HATED the teal. and even forbade his staff from wearing Marlins shirts with the color LOL (which is why there has been more focus on the silver/black in recent years).

That's not really a surprise since every pro sports team is getting away from teal, but I mention that because any new logo likely won't feature prominent teal. Granted this concept (it's a bit cartoon-y, but very solid, so great job) is more "blue" but still too gaudy for what it may end up being.

I could see the team alter the teal to a darker hunter green, or if the stadium seating is any indication, a darker royal blue.

My opinion on the orange "if incorporated" would be to use it sparingly like the Seahawks use the lime green. Maybe just in the eye of the Marlin.

Love the all white wordmark too. But as others have stated maybe switch the teal up for a darker blue as it appears the Marlins won't be sticking with teal.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Archived