Atlanta Braves Concept.

sacker12

I decided to update a Braves concept that I made several years back, where I brought back the dark tomahawk on the game jerseys. Also, seeing other members takes on the alternates gave me the urge to design something slightly different than what they have now. I apologize if the artwork doesn't look clear. You can thank Photobucket for that.

Primary Home:

The only change I made from my original concept was the removal of the "Chief K" patch off of the sleeve. The original concept was to have the three-color script and numbers from the 70s and the dark tomahawk from the Boston and Milwaukee years. I decided to keep the traditional plain white script A on the primary. The vertical arch letters on the back because they are synonymous with the powerhouse teams of the 90s.

bravesfanthomeprimary.png

Alternate Home:

I like the use of the red jersey as a home alt, but decided to make the color scheme similar to the red BP tops from the 80s. I decided to make the artwork two-colors because the three-color versions didn't look good. However, I did include a new home alternate cap with the BP logo on the front. I thought it look better with the set than the traditional home hat.

bravesfanthomealternate.png

Primary road:

I used the same color scheme on this set as I did with the home set. The traditional game hat is back on this set. Just to avoid any confusion about the color scheme on the numbers, the colors are scarlet/white/navy.

bravesfantroadprimary.png

Alternate road:

I really like the solid navy jersey, but don't like the overload of navy in the current set. I added some red and a lot of white to the scheme. I used the three-color scheme to coordinate with the logo on the alternate, which is a solid navy version of the home alt hat. Here it is.

bravesfantroadalternate.png

Also, here is a bigger image of the alternate cap logo since it isn't very visible on the images.

bravesfantaltlogo.png

I don't see the need for the extra outlines. They make the numbers look too busy, and I think that for an otherwise traditional concept, they should be simple. Also, the extra white outline around the Atlanta wordmark on the grays looks bad, because it's the only white, and sticks out like a sore thumb. Also, since the numbers and wordmark are the same color, they clash when done with two different styles of outlining.

For the navy jersey, the number might look better if it was red, to contrast the wordmark better, and I'd probably keep the tomahawk consistent across all sets, even the navy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't see the need for the extra outlines. They make the numbers look too busy, and I think that for an otherwise traditional concept, they should be simple. Also, the extra white outline around the Atlanta wordmark on the grays looks bad, because it's the only white, and sticks out like a sore thumb. Also, since the numbers and wordmark are the same color, they clash when done with two different styles of outlining.

For the navy jersey, the number might look better if it was red, to contrast the wordmark better, and I'd probably keep the tomahawk consistent across all sets, even the navy.

This is exactly how Cleveland fudged up their road uniforms.

Go with single outlines on everything. Double outlines could work, but IMO, not for the Braves.

I feel the same way. Stick with Navy and Scarlet and drop the white. The red alternate looks pretty sharp. With the Navy alt, I would eliminate the blue outline and just have red on the script and the numbers. Then I would add the piping that is on the rest of the set. For this one red might work. Over all, it is not bad at all. The Braves are a hard team to do because they have great uniforms. Numbers on the front look good too. I would keep them but make them just a little smaller. Eliminating the double outline will help with this as well.

Here are the changes I made to the set. I decided to leave the traditional navy and scarlet hat with the plain white "A" on all of the sets.

Primary Home:

I removed the white pinline from the script and the numbers and kept the navy tomahawk and the numbers on front.

bravesfanthomenew.png

Primary Road:

Same as above.

bravesfantroadnew.png

Road Alt:

Removed the navy pinline and added red piping to the jersey.

bravesnewfantroadalt.png

Archived