Ottawa Senators

WNDUP FX

That's a really good, unique idea. I don't think I've seen anyone try it before. The O inside the O doesn't feel right, though. Maybe you should just put the red and black stripes on the outside of the main logo?

p.s. I especially like the laurels on the right side of the logo, very nice touch.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

This is wonderfully interesting and unique. I responded to the second one (lighter black lines) which has a very airy but confident feel to it. The laurels are a great idea (as someone mentioned previously).

Have you thought about playing with the stripe - either enlarging or even filling the interior of the circle in two halves (black on bottom/red on top). With such a really unique approach to the rest of it, perhaps something a little more surprising might work?

Either way, this is very, very cool. I can't wait to see it develop.

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Have you thought about playing with the stripe - either enlarging or even filling the interior of the circle in two halves (black on bottom/red on top). With such a really unique approach to the rest of it, perhaps something a little more surprising might work?

I hadn't. Which is probably not to say I wouldn't, but a collective like this always gets the ideas flowing and from reading this board for a while it's quite apparent that the majority of the posters on here know what makes good design and more so why designs don't work and usually have suggestions on how to fix them.

senspatch2.jpg

Version two is my favorite so far. I don't think the red/black halves work so well. They make the O look out of place, IMO. What if you tried to add more of the classic barber pole pattern to version two? keep the red and black stripes in the middle, behind the O, but add another pair at the top and bottom. (i.e. red, black, white; red and black stripes that you have behind the O now; then white, red, black again).

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

That last concept is just a little too busy. I really like the previous design, but perhaps lose the red outline on the center O and make it a little larger to fill the space?

I love where you're going with this! Good Ottawa concepts are fun to see.

BTW: 1st post :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived