Recolouring the NHL

JackFr

Your work on Atlanta was very messy- I think you should slow down a bit.

That said, as far as recolours go, you're doing fairly well. The blue-ish eagle on the matching background doesn't work for Washington, though- you need a white outline in there to break it up, cuz the gold isn't enough.

I love what you've done with the Kings, but I think the purple numbers on black would be hard to read, even with the gold outline.

The Thrashers is good if only because you used their best logo, and got rid of some of the excessive colours they have. Their current set lacks an identity, or even a colour scheme, so yours is an upgrade.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I think you could even double outline the blue eagle on blue jersey. I'm having trouble picturing it, but maybe gold around white? You have a similar problem with the black Blackhawks jersey. (Love the beige though.) The black hair couldn't stand out at all, if it wasn't for the unclean (?) render of the logo. Nothing to say about Kings and Canucks.

20082614530.png

I think you could even double outline the blue eagle on blue jersey. I'm having trouble picturing it, but maybe gold around white? You have a similar problem with the black Blackhawks jersey. (Love the beige though.) The black hair couldn't stand out at all, if it wasn't for the unclean (?) render of the logo. Nothing to say about Kings and Canucks.

I didn't even notice that on the Blackhawks. Being on Paint I can't really outline it; should I use the Winter Classic logo? Also here's Buffalo:

buffalo1-1.png

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

I didn't even notice that on the Blackhawks. Being on Paint I can't really outline it; should I use the Winter Classic logo? Also here's Buffalo:

It looks like Chicago has actually used an alt like that... I don't know how that turned out, I'm just going by the logosheet on the main site. There's no real point in using the exact Winter Classic logo, because it's a throwback, but if you put a similar circle around the current logo, that would solve your problem. (but again, you're using paint)

20082614530.png

Perhaps instead of dashing off all these concepts at once you should focus on one and actually put some thought into it. Sorry to say but none of these are particularly well thought out or executed. Worse is the fact that all of the ideas have been done before. Many people have tried recolouring the Kings shield logo to gold and purple (hint: it doesnt look good), and more people have used Buffalo's alternate logo from their red jersey in an attempt to update their original unis. As for the third, I've seen carbon copies of that concept on icethetics on more then one occassion. Same goes for just about everything else here. Not trying to be an a** but try injecting some originality into your concepts.

Archived