Warriors Concept

LetsGoOakland9

The Golden State Warriors recently released their new uniforms, (or atleast Anthony Morrow did on his Twitter) I like them, but I thought they could use a few tweaks. I kept the same basic design and kept the new logos too.

Here's the real jerseys

real.jpg

First off, I didn't really like that they put the whole name on the jerseys. I took the "Golden State" off and moved "Warriors" to the top of the circle. On the home I added blue piping to the side stripe. On the away and alternate I didn't use white because their old "The City" jerseys (aka the best jerseys in sports history) didn't use white in the design. I also changed the collar because it just looks kinda wierd. Tell me what you think of my update to my favorite basketball team. And I know presentation isn't absolutly perfect I'm using paint and it's not like I'm presenting this to Warriors ownership or putting it in an application to art school

Warriors_Update_Home2.jpg

Warriors_Update_Away.jpg

Warriors_Update_Alt.jpg

The white is a thing of beauty. The yellow kind of hurts my eyes. I think that the yellow one needs a bit of white to break things up a bit.

I agree with moving Golden State off the top of the front logo, but running the whole thing down the leg seems a bit busy... maybe just "GS"?

Also, the inside of the 0 on the blue uniform is the same blue as the front, but the back panel is more of a purple. Intentional?

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

The white is a thing of beauty. The yellow kind of hurts my eyes. I think that the yellow one needs a bit of white to break things up a bit.

I agree with moving Golden State off the top of the front logo, but running the whole thing down the leg seems a bit busy... maybe just "GS"?

Also, the inside of the 0 on the blue uniform is the same blue as the front, but the back panel is more of a purple. Intentional?

I agree, wouldn't it be consistent to add a white outline to the numbers on the back on the blue and yellow jersies.

For the blue one, I'd put Golden on top of the logo and State on the bottom. Also, the numbers on the front are in a different position on the white jersey than the other two.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

They are not allowed an alternate jersey until the 2012-13 season. Hold your horses, or in this case jerseys, so to speak.

where'd you hear that? or is it an obscure nba rule i am unaware of?

NBA teams arent allowed to use an alternate jersey until after two years with a logo change (not tweak, but a complete overhaul, like the Warriors did).

If you look through the NBA's alternate jerseys, you wont find any that were introduced within 2 years after an identity change (or expansion, in the case of the Bobcats)

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

They are not allowed an alternate jersey until the 2012-13 season. Hold your horses, or in this case jerseys, so to speak.

NBA teams arent allowed to use an alternate jersey until after two years with a logo change (not tweak, but a complete overhaul, like the Warriors did).

If you look through the NBA's alternate jerseys, you wont find any that were introduced within 2 years after an identity change (or expansion, in the case of the Bobcats)

oh i never knew that. Is there a real reason or just a wierd rule?

Im pretty sure its just so that teams develop an identity before going overboard with alternate jerseys (Cavs-style). I mean, believe it or not, the Cavs wore their red primary road jersey almost exclusively during 03-04 and 04-05. As Im sure you would agree, NBA teams tend to change logos more often than most other leagues (in my observation) and I think the rule is there so that fans can somewhat (for 2 years at least) let a team's identity "sink in" before it unleashes another, different colored jersey which might confuse people at first

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Im pretty sure its just so that teams develop an identity before going overboard with alternate jerseys (Cavs-style). I mean, believe it or not, the Cavs wore their red primary road jersey almost exclusively during 03-04 and 04-05. As Im sure you would agree, NBA teams tend to change logos more often than most other leagues (in my observation) and I think the rule is there so that fans can somewhat (for 2 years at least) let a team's identity "sink in" before it unleashes another, different colored jersey which might confuse people at first

Oh that makes sense. I'd like to be able to see teams introduce the alternate right away but have a limit on how many times they were it in the first two years

Archived