NHL: Neither team wearing white?

njdevs7

But lots of white sweaters look really good. In fact, the best two are Detroit and Toronto's.

I agree. Which is why I would like to see both teams adopt their whites as their primaries and their darks as their clash kit. So we would never see a blue on red Leafs/Wings game. Which is great, but that's to much solid colour for one game to handle.

Not quite the NHL, but here are some UK hockey teams playing against each other in dark jerseys:

cc%20v%20sr%2024-01-10%2021_filtered_std.jpg

Teams in this league usually wear white at home. The team in black are my local Chelmsford Chieftains, playing an away game against the Streatham Redskins.

For the record, the Redskins' away jersey is basically the pre-2009 Chicago Blackhawks alternate while their home uniform is a weird variant of the Hawks' red jersey (they basically borrowed stole Chicago's logo and uniforms). Apparently they have no white jersey.

To me, this just feels tacky, just as it does in football/soccer (easy for me to say, since I hate soccer) and it's something I hope to never see in the NHL.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived