Man makes series of 911 calls demanding return of Winnipeg Jets

1 is for imminent danger to life or property...not directions, not phone numbers, and definitely not because you're at the library to open it as a poll on election day but no one is there with a key. That was last Thursday.

In Philadelphia, 911 is also used to report minor things like parking violations. If someone parks on the sidewalk in front of my house, I have to use 911 to get them ticketed (or take the law into my own hands... )

1 is for imminent danger to life or property...not directions, not phone numbers, and definitely not because you're at the library to open it as a poll on election day but no one is there with a key. That was last Thursday.

In Philadelphia, 911 is also used to report minor things like parking violations. If someone parks on the sidewalk in front of my house, I have to use 911 to get them ticketed (or take the law into my own hands... )

I really don't understand that. Fulton County (Atlanta) does the same thing, then when people complain about being on hold for 10 minutes while trying to report a house fire, the excuse is not enough manpower. News flash, Einsteins: quit telling people to call 911 for non-emergencies and you won't need so many people!

A solution to this is being rolled out in some areas: using 311 for reporting non-emergencies. Makes perfect sense because lots of people call 911 rather than looking up the non-emergency number or spending the $ to get it from 411.

We have 311. They still instructed me to call 911 the last time I needed a car ticketed.

http://www.phila.gov/pdfs/911v311.pdf

By "they" do you mean the pdf you linked to? 'Cause it specifically says to call 911 to report parked cars that are blocking traffic. You didn't say what the case is by your house.

As for PD responding to 311 calls, odds are 311 and 911 go to the same place, but 911 rings in directly while 311 likely dumps callers into an automated system where sooner or later they'll get a person if necessary.

No, not the pdf - an actual operator instructed me to hang up and dial 911. The pdf was just "evidence" of the existence of our 311 system.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Snitches get stitches.

Snitches get stitches.

It ain't snitchin, it's keeping my front and side doors clear (we're on a corner). Well, yeah... I guess it is snitchin', however the only alternative is good old-fashioned head bashin' and winshield smashin'.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Snitches get stitches.

It ain't snitchin, it's keeping my front and side doors clear (we're on a corner). Well, yeah... I guess it is snitchin', however the only alternative is good old-fashioned head bashin' and winshield smashin'.

StopSnitchin.jpg

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

StopSnitchin.jpg

Not helping the stereotype, brother...

It's a joke...let's not talk about stereotypes, okay?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

StopSnitchin.jpg

Not helping the stereotype, brother...

It's a joke...let's not talk about stereotypes, okay?

Breath mint, candy mint...Stop! You're both right. The "stop snitching" phenomenon is a grossly self-damaging thing for black people (even though I get that you were joking, Jigga). And King is reinforcement of many classic Northeastern mook stereotypes.

"If you?re coming to get me, can you bring me some smokes,"

Best!

Yeah, this absolutely cracked me up.

On a more serious note though, I wonder why Jim Balsille hasn't just said "screw the NHL" and launched his own six-team league in Hamilton, Winnipeg, Quebec City, and other locations that would be clamoring for top-tier pro hockey? He has the money to absorb the kind of losses it would take to get such a venture off the ground... to me it'd seem like a no brainer - if you can't join 'em, BEAT 'EM!

While it's a good thought, it has WHA2 written all over it. No one would take the league seriously, not even Canadians. Balsille's best option is to wait until Phoenix, Atlanta, Florida, and Nashville all go belly up simulatenously, and he steps forward with the proper protocol this time.

I'm sorry, but if someone of Balsille's financial worth and interest in the sport held a press conference and said "I'm putting half a billion of my dollars to do this," I guarantee it'd be taken seriously.

nav-logo.png

Archived