Portland Expos

Gamingboy

Why the rose on the hat?

Also, i couldn't get yoru second link to work.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, it's like this: The group that's trying to get the Expos to Portland have that logo seen on the top. And so, I used there logo as the hat logo. Because Portland is called the Rose City (at least, that's what Wikipedia says).

This is part of a series of possiblities of where the Expos may move, I'm making Washington, Northern Virginia, San Juan, Las Vegas and Mexico City.

I'm also gonna make a completely fictional team: The Orlando Mice.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

:welcome:

THe Expos concepts need alittle work, and if the Expos do go to Portalnd I would imagine they would change their name.

I look forward to further concepts.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is there anywhere they could go, that they might keep their name? I'd imagine everyone looking to move them into town would change their name immediately.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Payno,

I would say any city that has hosted some type of World or Pan-American Exposition could keep the name and have it be legitimate. Say they move to Buffalo which hosted the 1901 Pan-American Exposition, they could be the Buffalo Expos and they could wear uniforms reminiscent of the turn of the century (turn of the LAST century that is) baseball uniforms.

Having said that though, there is NO WAY Buffalo could support a Major League Baseball team the way the league is currently run financially.

Well, it's like this: The group that's trying to get the Expos to Portland have that logo seen on the top. And so, I used there logo as the hat logo. Because Portland is called the Rose City (at least, that's what Wikipedia says).

This is part of a series of possiblities of where the Expos may move, I'm making Washington, Northern Virginia, San Juan, Las Vegas and Mexico City.

I'm also gonna make a completely fictional team: The Orlando Mice.

Don't forget Norfolk.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Payno,

I would say any city that has hosted some type of World or Pan-American Exposition could keep the name and have it be legitimate. Say they move to Buffalo which hosted the 1901 Pan-American Exposition, they could be the Buffalo Expos and they could wear uniforms reminiscent of the turn of the century (turn of the LAST century that is) baseball uniforms.

Having said that though, there is NO WAY Buffalo could support a Major League Baseball team the way the league is currently run financially.

As a Western New York resident for my whole life and an aspiring historian, this would be a dream come true. However, it has a much of chance of happening as the Clippers moving back and the Bills realizing Bledsoe is a washed-up hack...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

And they can change the logo to a buffalo head, and not have to worry about changing the name of the team! BRILLIANT!

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Archived