Anaheim Ducks Rebrand

wildwing64

I would say it is significantly different. You can only represent the side profile of a duck so many ways.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Much better. Yeah, it looks pretty mean. I don't think the orange belongs on the wingtip, though. I'm not really sure why I think that, it just looks out of place to me.

I did consider removing the wingtip at one point, but it didn't really feel right without it. Silver I removed from the colour scheme, and I didn't want to add too much more white to the logo, so I went with orange for it instead.

Not to play the role of police here, but this logo looks eerily similar to GFB's Anaheim Rebrand a few years back.

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/2007/08/amazing-ducks-concept-art.html

Yeah, I had a feeling that someone was going to make this comparison at some point. I'll admit that my choice of colours was only partially influenced by GFB's rebrand, only because I felt it was the perfect choice for the Ducks. But as far as influences go, that's about it.

I've been wanting to see a flying duck on the front of Anaheim's jersey ever since they first announced the name shortening back in 2006, as it is pretty much the best way to represent a duck. I guess this rebrand of mine is my realisation of that kind of image. For my first time attempting to design a logo in this way, I'm pleased with how it's turned out so far.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Ghetto Farm Boy's Ducks' rebrand is hands-down the most beautiful, legit, incredible, amazing Ducks concept I've ever seen. Ever.

Nuff said.

Good luck to anyone else who wants to compete with that gorgeous work of art.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

OK, time for some updates.

First of all, I made a secondary mark to go on the shoulders of the home and road jerseys: an interlocked AD inspired by the shoulder logo of the then-Mighty Ducks black third jersey.

Next, here's a tertiary mark: a duck head inside an orange ring, for Orange County (and I'll give credit to Johnny Griswold for the inspiration there). I'm not completely sure about this one at the moment, but might use it as a third jersey crest. If nobody likes it then I'll probably scrap it instead.

And finally, here are the updated home and road uniforms. I replaced the swooshing design with thick, bold stripes, arranged in a way that was inspired by the primary logo, while still paying tribute to the franchise's past identities. Also, the numbering font has been replaced with standard block numerals to accompany this change (also to avoid possible legal issues once this is in my portfolio :P)

HomeUniformV2.png

RoadUniformV2.png

Once again, C&C is welcome and appreciated.

mTBXgML.png

• 4 weeks later...

I like the logo. In one way or another, I've kinda liked all of your attempts. Sorta liked the grin on the first one -- why does the duck have to look ferocious? Its a duck afterall, not a pterodactyl. For bird mascots, outside of football atleast, I think a natural/neutral mood is best.

Anyways - the last logo attempt is the strongest. Any way to make it fatter? Like, a bit thicker top to bottom? Its a bit insectile (if thats a word.)

I'm not a huge fan of the template you're using for the jerseys, or for that matter, the colour scheme (It could just be my monitor, but I'd go with a slightly lighter/yellower/less vibrant orange (kinda like the orange bits in your sig) and a straight green (sorta like the miami hurricanes I guess...)

Great work overall! Way better then what they're wearing now.

Let me start by saying I LOVE everything about this...

..except the logo.

The color scheme is awesome. It's what the Ducks should have switched to in 2006. I think these colors are perfect for a team that calls themselves the Ducks. Of course, so were their original colors (as they were the colors of a mallard), but the orange is perfect because it plays on the Samueli's homage to their home of Orange County (something Arte Moreno just doesn't seem to "get")...

As for the primary, eh.. it's just.. "meh" to me. It's not terrible, it's not excellent, it's just.. I dunno. I don't hate it. I just don't love it.

This is my favorite Ducks concept to date (and I've seen DOZENS between here, NHLToL, Icethetics, Puckdrawn, et al.) -

anaheim_gfb_primary-1.jpg

Obviously both logos are similar, but the one I posted above has more to it.. maybe it's simply the triangular background, or the bolder lines, or the sleeker-looking Duck. I don't know, there's just this je ne sais quoi about it that I can't put my finger on that I love. I'm not telling you to steal that idea, because I like what you're doing - but you asked for C&C and that's what I got..

Keep up the good work.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

The color scheme is awesome. It's what the Ducks should have switched to in 2006. I think these colors are perfect for a team that calls themselves the Ducks. Of course, so were their original colors (as they were the colors of a mallard), but the orange is perfect because it plays on the Samueli's homage to their home of Orange County

To be brutally honest, for the longest time I couldn't care less about the fact the Mighty Ducks played in Anaheim. I was more or less a fan of the team due to the films. And of course, that's how I was for years. Even up until they changed their name to simply, Ducks. I was not happy with the changes. I even thought about becoming a Hurricanes fan again at the time. But, I saw a light at the end of the tunnel after their '05-'06 season and something told me to stick with them. Good thing I did, because the next season they became Stanley Cup champions!

Now, I'm still not sold to this day that black, gold, and orange should be the Ducks colors. I always thought they should have kept jade or added forest green to the mix. And this is something I hope they still do soon. But, I think out of all of the colors, orange is the best suited for this team. Obviously, due to it's connection with Orange County. And you know, it's odd enough as is that someone from Virginia is a fan of a hockey team 3,000+ miles southwest of him. But, I've grown to love the connection and I think it's one of the things I'm most proud of. AND I'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO SO CAL. But, I'm hoping to make it out to the Pond (I refuse to call it Honda Center) one of these days and see my boys live. I'll probably get emotional as dumb as it sounds. Seeing them play in at home other than in Raleigh or Washington will be amazing.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

The color scheme is awesome. It's what the Ducks should have switched to in 2006. I think these colors are perfect for a team that calls themselves the Ducks. Of course, so were their original colors (as they were the colors of a mallard), but the orange is perfect because it plays on the Samueli's homage to their home of Orange County

To be brutally honest, for the longest time I couldn't care less about the fact the Mighty Ducks played in Anaheim. I was more or less a fan of the team due to the films. And of course, that's how I was for years. Even up until they changed their name to simply, Ducks. I was not happy with the changes. I even thought about becoming a Hurricanes fan again at the time. But, I saw a light at the end of the tunnel after their '05-'06 season and something told me to stick with them. Good thing I did, because the next season they became Stanley Cup champions!

Now, I'm still not sold to this day that black, gold, and orange should be the Ducks colors. I always thought they should have kept jade or added forest green to the mix. And this is something I hope they still do soon. But, I think out of all of the colors, orange is the best suited for this team. Obviously, due to it's connection with Orange County. And you know, it's odd enough as is that someone from Virginia is a fan of a hockey team 3,000+ miles southwest of him. But, I've grown to love the connection and I think it's one of the things I'm most proud of. AND I'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO SO CAL. But, I'm hoping to make it out to the Pond (I refuse to call it Honda Center) one of these days and see my boys live. I'll probably get emotional as dumb as it sounds. Seeing them play in at home other than in Raleigh or Washington will be amazing.

Glad to hear we have Ducks fans as far away as Carolina (and even a lot in England from what I understand!) That's awesome man. You made a good choice. The Kings with Gretzky were an easy bandwagon to jump on, and the Sharks (despite the fact that the second round of the NHL playoffs is their mortal enemy) seem to have a lot of bandwagon fans, since they're often competitive and people like their unis and logo...

But the Ducks are the way to go. First team to bring the Stanley Cup the to west coast since the Seattle Metros did in 1918 and the first team to bring it to California EVER!!!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I LOVE this logo.

I love the colors too, everything is amazing.

Now for an alternate jersey? I'd love an alternate orange. I think you could make a secondary logo as well. I love that you are using a duck for the Ducks, not a mask or foot. Great work!

2ly2w09.jpg

Let me start by saying I LOVE everything about this...

..except the logo.

The color scheme is awesome. It's what the Ducks should have switched to in 2006. I think these colors are perfect for a team that calls themselves the Ducks. Of course, so were their original colors (as they were the colors of a mallard), but the orange is perfect because it plays on the Samueli's homage to their home of Orange County (something Arte Moreno just doesn't seem to "get")...

As for the primary, eh.. it's just.. "meh" to me. It's not terrible, it's not excellent, it's just.. I dunno. I don't hate it. I just don't love it.

Dude, seriously. I appreciate that you're sharing your thoughts as a fellow Ducks fan, but your comments have not been helpful to me in any way.

When concept artists ask for C&C, we are asking for comments and constructive criticism. I'm aware that you don't like my design: that's your opinion, and I respect that. But unlike nearly everyone else who has commented, you've posted again and again without suggesting any ways for me to improve on my logo design. If "meh" is the only word you can think of to describe it, how can I adjust it to make it feel less "meh"? Simply telling me that you don't like it, or to scrap the logo altogether, or bringing up someone else's work because it happens to be better, is NOT useful feedback. That's not how things work around here.

If you don't have anything useful to say, then don't say anything at all.

[/rant]

I like the logo. In one way or another, I've kinda liked all of your attempts. Sorta liked the grin on the first one -- why does the duck have to look ferocious? Its a duck afterall, not a pterodactyl. For bird mascots, outside of football atleast, I think a natural/neutral mood is best.

Anyways - the last logo attempt is the strongest. Any way to make it fatter? Like, a bit thicker top to bottom? Its a bit insectile (if thats a word.)

I'm not a huge fan of the template you're using for the jerseys, or for that matter, the colour scheme (It could just be my monitor, but I'd go with a slightly lighter/yellower/less vibrant orange (kinda like the orange bits in your sig) and a straight green (sorta like the miami hurricanes I guess...)

Great work overall! Way better then what they're wearing now.

Thank you. But yeah, like I said in my original post, over at AllDucks we had randomly started sharing concepts from here, Icethetics and Puckdrawn in the Third Jersey thread, and I learnt that some of them would prefer a more aggressive looking duck over a "realistic" one, which to some looks a bit wimpy and like a target (think Duck Hunt). I shared my concept with them, and got praise for it :D

I kinda see what you mean about the body looking insect-like. Maybe I'll reshape the body in the near future.

Also, that shade of orange I went with because it is an "official" pantone that the team uses, same goes with the green from the Mighty days. I would make the orange lighter, but since red is my favourite colour I've grown to love the reddish shade of orange that the Ducks have been using :P

To be brutally honest, for the longest time I couldn't care less about the fact the Mighty Ducks played in Anaheim. I was more or less a fan of the team due to the films.

For me, it was more to do with me failing to develop an interest in English Football/Soccer, and Mighty Ducks the Animated Series appearing on TV :lol:

And you know, it's odd enough as is that someone from Virginia is a fan of a hockey team 3,000+ miles southwest of him. But, I've grown to love the connection and I think it's one of the things I'm most proud of. AND I'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO SO CAL. But, I'm hoping to make it out to the Pond (I refuse to call it Honda Center) one of these days and see my boys live. I'll probably get emotional as dumb as it sounds. Seeing them play in at home other than in Raleigh or Washington will be amazing.

Try living 5,450-something miles away from them. And in a different country. And having to miss them the ONE TIME they came over to play in said country.

I LOVE this logo.

I love the colors too, everything is amazing.

Now for an alternate jersey? I'd love an alternate orange. I think you could make a secondary logo as well. I love that you are using a duck for the Ducks, not a mask or foot. Great work!

Thanks! I posted a link to a tertiary mark somewhere above, which I was going to use as a third jersey crest. But I think it's a bit crap and I'm going to scrap it in favour of something else.

I'll start working on a third uniform at some point, when I've got some of my Dissertation out the way...

mTBXgML.png

Dude, seriously. I appreciate that you're sharing your thoughts as a fellow Ducks fan, but your comments have not been helpful to me in any way.

When concept artists ask for C&C, we are asking for comments and constructive criticism. I'm aware that you don't like my design: that's your opinion, and I respect that. But unlike nearly everyone else who has commented, you've posted again and again without suggesting any ways for me to improve on my logo design. If "meh" is the only word you can think of to describe it, how can I adjust it to make it feel less "meh"? Simply telling me that you don't like it, or to scrap the logo altogether, or bringing up someone else's work because it happens to be better, is NOT useful feedback. That's not how things work around here.

If you don't have anything useful to say, then don't say anything at all.

Obviously both logos are similar, but the one I posted above has more to it.. maybe it's simply the triangular background, or the bolder lines, or the sleeker-looking Duck. I don't know, there's just this je ne sais quoi about it that I can't put my finger on that I love. I'm not telling you to steal that idea, because I like what you're doing - but you asked for C&C and that's what I got..

I apologize for not making it clear. Make your primary BOLDER, more Duck-like, SLEAKER, add a triangle to the background like the original Ducks logo or the Sharks logo, etc...

That was my C&C.

And please, don't be so defensive.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Call me crazy, but I think I prefer the OP's logo to that other one... Its good, but it seems excessively busy, maybe one too many colours, that guitar pick background seems pointless....the whole thing gives me a hood-ornament vibe actually. Definetely nicely done and pro-looking, but I like wildwing64's general idea a bit more.

Just my opinion....

I apologize for not making it clear. Make your primary BOLDER, more Duck-like, SLEAKER, add a triangle to the background like the original Ducks logo or the Sharks logo, etc...

That was my C&C.

And please, don't be so defensive.

Thank you for your suggestions. (Actually, the triangle doesn't sound like too bad an idea. Might add a better feeling of balance to the logo...)

By the way, I wasn't being defensive, I was just frustrated at your previous lack of real contribution to this thread. Yes, I'm aware that you like GFB's design. I also happen to think that it's awesome. But bringing up someone's concept into somebody else's thread and comparing the two is not a good way of providing feedback. Just Saying.

Edit: Aaanyway, I have a couple of prototypical designs for the third jersey. Two variations of the same design, though I'm not sure which is better. I'm going to design a shoulder logo for it later.

ThirdUniform.png

ThirdUniformV2.png

Went with orange as the main colour mainly because I've noticed a lot of fans don't like the idea of a mainly green jersey, which to them feels too San Jose-esque (I also found that the logo would blend in too well with green, so it would almost be hidden).

mTBXgML.png

I like the orange sweater color and I think that, once you tweak the colors of the tertiary logo away from primarily orange, that that logo is a perfect candidate for this new alt. I guess I'm just not really feeling the duck with this striping (striping I definitely like!) - the home/away gives a real sense of movement to compliment the duck, the alt feels pretty confining. I think that if you play with the tertiary a bit and put it on there that it'd really bring the alt together.

Also, in regards to your tertiary, I feel like the year mark should be arced (is that the right one? I get that and arched mixed up all the time) like the wording on the top of the circle - having one follow the curve of the circle and the other straight makes for a bit of a jarring transition.

I'm also not 100% sold on the "AD" interlocking, but I think that's just a personal thing and I don't really have any C+C to offer there :P . Otherwise I love your concepts! Very cool to see the iterations of your logo as it's matured :) .

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I love the third! That's exactly what I was picturing. I love the orange use too, great work!

I think I like the one with green a little better. I like the orange and green look alot, and I think that flows really well together.

Nothing wrong with the AD shoulder logo for the home and away, but I think the name ducks lends itself to something neat for a third crest. Not all teams use their shoulder logo as third crest.

Since you already used the whole duck, which I like much better than the footprint logo since that is all they have, you could do a variation of a webbed foot. Or maybe just the head of the duck.

You're the talented one, so I'll leave it up to you and wait and see. This is honestly one of the best concepts I've ever seen for the Ducks.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived