Minnesota Amateur Baseball Concepts

Punch

This is my first concept series that I'm doing for this forum. Hopefully it is the first of many, but we'll see what happens.

Anyway, I've decided to do something no one has likely done yet: Design uniforms for teams from the Minnesota Baseball Association. This league is the most well-known amateur baseball league in the state.

Teams

First Four

Dundas Dukes

Red Wing Aces

Miesville Mudhens

Jordan Brewers

Next Four

Austin Greyhounds

Brainerd Bees

Savage Outlaws

Elko Express

Punch9

I like most of this. Something bugging me is that piece of piping breaking off around the neck of the jerseys; that is not how piping or braiding is on jerseys. Also I think piping on pants and jerseys should be the same.

I really like the ideas; and the execution is quite good. I like the colors and wordmark.

I'm not really feeling that last uniform. I dont see how that yellow fits into this concept. There is no yellow anywhere else, and I dont really like the yellow monochrome even if there was yellow elsewhere in the set. Not to mention, the white hat does not fit at all with that uniform.

This is really a great start and with a little cleaning up this could be a nice clean concept. I hope to see more of your concepts in the future; there is no reason you shouldn't continue with them.

RockiesSig.png

wilson and jaxnoles - ill change the hat from white to black to see how it looks

wilson - ill try the austin greyhounds once i post the other 3 concepts ive finished

skier14 - i didnt mean for the uniform to be yellow, i was going for a cream color, but i guess it does look kind of yellow

I don't like the white hat with the cream color uniform. Also, is there a way you can save them to be smaller? It takes a real long time for it to load on my computer.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I don't like the white hat with the cream color uniform. Also, is there a way you can save them to be smaller? It takes a real long time for it to load on my computer.

I'm changing the white hat to black, with an orange brim and orange button. I'll save it to be smaller.

I'm excited to see what you come up with for this! I'm from Jordan, Minnesota, home of the Brewers. Earlier this month I watched as we hosted Dundas in a 3 game series. Impressive work though, that alternate looks very sharp.

Lots of teams to choose from for this project, can't wait to see who's next.

northstars.jpg

Spectre - I'm glad that I have some Minnesotans to judge my work. I'm sure you'll love my Brewers concept.

CDixonDesign - I posted my update, and it appears on my screen having been adjusted to 95%? Is it still difficult to load for you? I'll downsize it a bit if you need me to.

Anyway, my next team is the Red Wing Aces. I'll post that concept in a day or two.

Update #2 Dundas Dukes:

I've changed the alternate uniform's cream color to look like the San Francisco Giants' cream home uniform. Do you like it better or worse than the original cream color?

dundasdukesuniforms6.png

Red Wing Aces:

Here is the 2nd concept of the series, the Red Wing Aces.

redwingacesuniforms2.png

I'd like some C&C, please.

Punch9

CCVL is getting some attention!

Couple things...

This is a huge improvement over the Aces current uni's but there are a few things that still need a little work.

The wordmark on the home and alternates looks great! Such a sharp, simple design.

But it's the away jersey and hat that really hurts the overall concept. The overall design is well and good, but the lettering is just so bland.

The last time I saw the Aces play they were wearing red vests with blue sleeves for away games. That was last season, so not sure if they're still in the same duds but you might want to try something along those lines. Step out of the traditional box. Maybe a vest with the stomach-number, and then an RW wordmark that you could share with the hat? I'm thinking an RW in the same style as the "ACES" could look pretty sharp and serve as a solid primary/secondary logo.

Great start though. Like I said before, I'm excited to see where you take this.

northstars.jpg

Are we going to see a Brainerd team? B)

You never know. I haven't really given them any thought, to be honest. So far, I have 4 teams completed and about 3-4 other teams in mind. I'll add Brainerd to the list.

It all depends on the popularity of my series. :)

Here is an updated version of the Red Wing Aces. I used the ACES wordmark for the road uniform. I also changed the cap logo to a script RW.

redwingacesuniforms3.png

And here is the third team, the Miesville Mudhens:

miesvillemudhensuniform.png

C&C on both, please. I have one more teamm that I have finished left to show you, then I'll start designing teams that you guys have requested.

Archived