Horizon League Football - NCAA 2011 TeamBuilder Concepts

illwauk

As a way to pass the time through laid off life, I've taken to tinkering with EA's NCAA TeamBuilder site. After doing my school, I decided to do the entire Horizon League. The Horizon League doesn't sponsor football, although three of the schools (Butler, Valpo and Youngstown) have teams. For now, I've decided to focus on the schools that don't have football which leaves only two teams for me to do (Detroit and Wright State).

As far as the logos, Milwaukee and Loyola's are entirely my creation. UIC and Cleveland State are tweaks of their current identity. Green Bay is the only one where I used their current primary logo as my primary because I found their identity particularly hard to work with. Their secondary/helmet logo is my update of the classic interlocking GB that was made famous by Vince Lombardi. For home stadiums, I put CSU and GB in mock-ups of their local NFL stadium and designed the fields as such. I'll probably do the same with Detroit since Ford Field is actually in the game. Anyway, C&C is definitely appreciated......

...Enjoy!

Link works for me too.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Thanks for the props, guys!

Just some notes on a few of these...

MILWAUKEE: Aside from the fact that the club football team (of which I am a proud alum) is monochrome black, our nickname is the Panthers, so I wanted a home uniform that used as much black as possible. I thought about going as far as using black numbers outlined in yellow but the white-on-white roads and yellow-on-yellow alts didn't look nearly as good, so I scrapped it for the style I eventually posted. I chose the jersey template because the collar design reminded me of claw marks and the pants design made me think of a panthers' hind legs. The yellow jersey and pants are a tribute to the original NCAA-sanctioned football team which wore monochrome yellow in its final season (1974).

UIC: Most of their athletic teams are predominantly navy, but the specific shade of red they use is called "fire engine red" and I felt that was more appropriate for a a team called the Flames, so I decided to emphasize it in my concept while minimalising the blue, although I used more blue on the alternate jerseys. I chose that template because the lines vaguely form the shape of a flame burning in a torch, which is also what I was going for in my tweak of their logo... all of which would be even more meaningful had Chicago's olympic bid not been so terrible.

LOYOLA: Because Loyola is such a common name for a university (there's 2 others in Division 1 alone) it often has to take to adding "Chicago" or "Illinois" even though its not part of its official name. My goal was to create a logo that made some type of allusion to their location without actually having to explicitly state it. I feel that my monogram with the silhouette of the Sears Tower forming the long part of the L does just that. I went minimalist on the unis because I feel Loyola's specific shades of maroon and gold are one of the nicest combinations in all of college sports and should be able to stand out on their own.

Good stuff! If you did that I would really appreciate some screen shots... unfortunately actually buying the game is a bit out of my budget right now (see post #1)

As a way to pass the time through laid off life, I've taken to tinkering with EA's NCAA TeamBuilder site. After doing my school, I decided to do the entire Horizon League. The Horizon League doesn't sponsor football, although three of the schools (Butler, Valpo and Youngstown) have teams. For now, I've decided to focus on the schools that don't have football which leaves only two teams for me to do (Detroit and Wright State).

As far as the logos, Milwaukee and Loyola's are entirely my creation. UIC and Cleveland State are tweaks of their current identity. Green Bay is the only one where I used their current primary logo as my primary because I found their identity particularly hard to work with. Their secondary/helmet logo is my update of the classic interlocking GB that was made famous by Vince Lombardi. For home stadiums, I put CSU and GB in mock-ups of their local NFL stadium and designed the fields as such. I'll probably do the same with Detroit since Ford Field is actually in the game. Anyway, C&C is definitely appreciated......

...Enjoy!

is there anyway that i could get that clevland state logo

Archived